• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning as our new HC. How excited would you be?

On a scale from 1 to 10...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep. I'm embarrassed I voted higher than 1.

Heck, I voted 4. Thought it was a risky hire, but with a lot of upside potential, which if Danny was actually a good coach and having success, I think a lot of good players would've wanted to play for him. However, he's been a total dud.

Last edited:
Heck, I voted 4. Thought it was a risky hire, but with a lot of upside potential, which if Danny was actually a good coach and having success, I think a lot of good players would've wanted to play for him. However, he's been a total dud.

You weren’t wrong. Whether that deserved a 4 or not is a different question.

I heard from a very unreliable source that Wellman botched the hire.

Shaka or Stevens? I have a source on the West coast, an old dude who spends all day yelling at the cloud, who knows the ins and outs of every coaching search Wake is involved in. Same source?

The "upside potential" was highly over-inflated...people mistook being glad [Redacted] was gone for "potential" from Manning. He was always an inexperienced, boring, old guy with very little upside and no plan.

The "upside potential" was highly over-inflated...people mistook being glad [Redacted] was gone for "potential" from Manning. He was always an inexperienced, boring, old guy with very little upside and no plan.

tenor.gif

Of course he was, but we didn't really know that at that point. The problem was there was not enough track record to go on. A "name" like Danny Manning has a lot of upside provided they are a legitimately good coach. There was one person who should have done the research necessary to know what Danny really was/is and that was Ron Wellman and he failed.

Didn't vote since "0" wasn't an option. Even that number is way to high.

I voted 2, which ended up being entirely too optimistic.

Back