• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem

Winston is about 30 times better than it was 20 years ago. And Wake didn't seem to have a problem then recruiting players and coaches. Especially kids from the region.

Have you ever though that the wannabe Duke Lite abortion that Wake is turning itself into, might be hurting itself? Hell you dropped the SAT requirement you could admit more Northeastern prep school kids who would bring along daddy's money. It also can't help that more and more young alumni are moving away from the school immedately after graduation.

Holy shit I agree with Brasky.

This is only a recent phenomenon. Durham sucked for years with some serious gang problems. Great town now.

With that said, the recent investment in tech/biotech will certainly help WS. Tony Hsieh invested heavily into Las Vegas's downtown area to try to bring more tech companies and intelligent youth to the area. It's far better within just the few years since he started that effort. It also helps that he has tons of money to blox on this venture and Vegas has enough to at least entice people to give it a look.

Gee, thanks for educating me.

I liked Durham when I lived there turn of the millennium and I like Winston a lot now. Maybe my standards are low.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that has to be a joke GTFO

Yeah, having a higher average income, higher average home values and much more going on isn't usually considered a bad thing.

Greensboro has always been the primary city in the triad.

Only ever alphabetically.

Where is the major airport in the triad? Greensboro
Where is the major coliseum that actually gets big name acts and events like the ACC tournament? Greensboro

The fact that Greensboro is right at the point of 85 and 40 gives it advantages over WS. Thems the breaks.

Seems like Syracuse has no problem getting quality players to go to a place that exists in perpetual winter

Yeah. I'm not sure "Green-veal" Diver Deac is the best authority on what attracts coaches to particular schools.

ChirsL, did you go to high school with Manning?

Full disclosure is important at a time like this.

Where is the major airport in the triad? Greensboro
Where is the major coliseum that actually gets big name acts and events like the ACC tournament? Greensboro

The fact that Greensboro is right at the point of 85 and 40 gives it advantages over WS. Thems the breaks.

:laugh:

i dug the airport SLAM

Maybe if you are a truck driver...like Danny Manning's dad! It's all making sense now!!!!!!

Maybe if you are a truck driver...like Danny Manning's dad! It's all making sense now!!!!!!

Uh, no. have you ever seen the amount of business activity is on the 85 corridor outside of Greensboro on the Burlington side? Also, on the airport side going to Kernersville?

A good part of the reason while the median household income is over $2K higher in Greensboro than it is in WS and the median house value is $12K higher in Greensboro.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Greensboro-North-Carolina.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina.html

Back