• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem

No problem with Winston. Just love all the WS people who are like "If you live in Greensboro you better not say anything because that place is horrible!!!!!" when WS is basically Greensboro on a smaller scale.

Apparently HP is a pretty big area for sex trafficking during the Furniture Market, so there's that I guess.

Downtown Greensboro is fucking miserable. The only redeemable place there is Natty Greene's.

The only thing G'boro residents have to hang their hat on is cool suburban strip malls.

Last edited:
Downtown Greensboro is fucking miserable. The only redeemable place there is Natty Greene's.

The only thing G'boro residents have to hang their hat on is cool suburban strip malls.

Meh

Greensboro is great if you have kids. Couldn't imagine living here just out of college, but for someone who moved here in my late 20s who would start a family in the next year, it's been great. Would single bolt prefer Asheville, Raleigh, our even Winston, sure, but I honestly love living here (and, yes, I acknowledge the city has some serious flaws and drawbacks)

Meh

Greensboro is great if you have kids. Couldn't imagine living here just out of college, but for someone who moved here in my late 20s who would start a family in the next year, it's been great. Would single bolt prefer Asheville, Raleigh, our even Winston, sure, but I honestly love living here (and, yes, I acknowledge the city has some serious flaws and drawbacks)

I have been here in Winston-Salem area since 1978 and absolutely loved it and would not want to go anywhere lese. Plenty to do, great area to raise kids. have the beaches 4 hours or less and the mountains in less than 2 hours. No place better and now we have to pro teams to go along with ACC sports.

Apparently HP is a pretty big area for sex trafficking during the Furniture Market, so there's that I guess.

What? How do I not know this?

FTR: I like all 3 places. Each has its ups and downs. Greensboro seems nicer and more modern that Winston. High Point is quiet and not too far of a drive to W-S or Greensboro. I love having a 5 minute commute.

I also like Richmond and wouldn't mind living there.

What? How do I not know this?

FTR: I like all 3 places. Each has its ups and downs. Greensboro seems nicer and more modern that Winston. High Point is quiet and not too far of a drive to W-S or Greensboro. I love having a 5 minute commute.

I also like Richmond and wouldn't mind living there.

Something the wife was talking about the other day. Apparently the folks that roll into town for market like to buy and sell women. I'm not going to Google "sex traffic in high point" at work to verify with a link.

Oh, its well know around these parts that the hookers fly in from all over for the furniture markets. GGO too.

There are a lot of hot women in Chapel Hill, Greensboro, and of course, Charlotte.

That is how I rank cities.

Raleigh - lots of dudes (NCSU).

Durham - New Jersey U.

But most of those positions would probably require a bio or chem degree would they not? Unless you are talking the accounting department but there are probably very few of those. That leaves business majors or com/psyc/english majors looking to get into the business field out in the cold. I could be wrong.

Yep. For the record, I love Winston. I tried to stay there after graduation, but it was utterly impossible to find an entry-level marketing job there. By contrast, once I started looking in Raleigh, I had an offer within two weeks.

Back