• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem

Yep. For the record, I love Winston. I tried to stay there after graduation, but it was utterly impossible to find an entry-level marketing job there. By contrast, once I started looking in Raleigh, I had an offer within two weeks.

Good point. I love Winston. I love living here, and I would love to raise a family here. However, it is really easy to feel locked into a job assuming you are fortunate enough to have one because the options of a larger city simply don't exist.

Downtown Greensboro is fucking miserable. The only redeemable place there is Natty Greene's.

The only thing G'boro residents have to hang their hat on is cool suburban strip malls.

They have a better selection of golf courses too.

I love Winston. It's a perfectly quiet, easy paced city to raise a family in. There's just enough to do to keep us busy on weekends.

Downtown Greensboro is fucking miserable. The only redeemable place there is Natty Greene's.

The only thing G'boro residents have to hang their hat on is cool suburban strip malls.

This +1000000

Greensboro is the worst fucking city of it's size I have ever seen. Uglier than hell downtown and less than nothing to do. I have seen Donald Ross and a few others pimp this rathole over the years and it makes ZERO sense.

I love Winston. It's a perfectly quiet, easy paced city to raise a family in. There's just enough to do to keep us busy on weekends.

This - I love Winston. Of course, I grew up in South Louisiana, so there was not much of a comparison to start.

Back