• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Hatch Meet With Shaka Smart Yesterday?

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Developing.

Rumor has it that Richmond is not very far from Washington DC.

dbVZQ.gif

heard Shaka drove to Fredericksburg then took the VRE up to Union Station where the two of them met at the Bojangles for a little taste of NC

Word has it he pulled up to Shaka's house driving this:

fighting-irish-tailgating-car.jpg

Does it really matter? Hatch isn't going to budge on academics so he can meet with Shaka from here until eternity but if he doesn't make any concessions, Shaka ain't coming.

heard Shaka drove to Fredericksburg then took the VRE up to Union Station where the two of them met at the Bojangles for a little taste of NC

I'm pretty sure we would have sent a limo.

He wasn't the President at ND. Do we know that he played any signficant role in their athletics?

He wasn't the President at ND. Do we know that he played any signficant role in their athletics?

He was provost in or over academics. However there were some issues with athletes and acadmics, IIRC, and regardless, Hatch was still a prominent member of their administration. But I openly admit by bias- I hate ND and pretty much think most of their administration were spawns of Satan.

OK, here's the best thing I can think of about this Manning business so far. He seems to enjoy motherfucking UNC and State. I'm cool with that. I do think we need to let all the assistants go, however. We need to leave some spaces open for recruiting.

What is it about Wake academics that would keep Shaka away?

What is it about Wake academics that would keep Shaka away?

Nothing. It's about his wife's job and Wake's refusal to entertain allowing her to teach at Wake without going through the normal hiring process, per some sources (i.e., big asterisk).

Back