• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Moratorium on Negativity?

mebanedeac

Reaction score
With the hiring of a new basketball coach, at long last, could we possibly have a moratorium on negative rants against Wellman or Bz or anyone else?

As strongly as the sentiment is against our AD the objective reality is that he has faced two of the largest tasks any AD is called upon to perform and they have come within months of each other: hiring a new football coach and then a new basketball coach. And he has lead the NCAA selection committee while searching for a new bb coach. Yeah, he is paid well; but pressure is pressure and he has faced enormous pressure. Can we just agree on that and leave off the criticism for a bit?

Hopefully, we will all support Coach Manning and give him the opportunity to coach from a position of strength in terms of fan support. I doubt that he was anyone's first choice going into this process; but it is possible all things considered that he was the best that we could have hired in the present situation. At any rate, he is a highly respected basketball personality and a winner! THERE IS HOPE! There is new hope for both football and basketball! Let's try to enjoy that for a while.

Just an idea!

Please infant baby Jesus, yes.

eta: Wellman should still be fired. Yesterday.

Well, it's best to just forget [name redacted], but I can't get behind banning rants on Wellman. It is possible to rant on Wellman and still support Manning.

I'm excited for the new coaching hire and will support Manning, but Wellman still has much to answer for.

He still needs to go yesterday.

Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely.

If you want everything to be rainbows and lollipops, go to the echo chamber.

Well yes, people are certainly free to be negative about all manner of things, but at least personally, I find it depressing (well, too strong of a word but you get the drift). I'm done with the negativity, by and large, for a good while. We've got a new coach and a fresh start.

Stupid thread. This board will never again be as unified as it was the day [Redacted] was fired.

QKOnSPG.gif

Agree with your last paragraph, but completely disagree with the rest. Wellman brought this pressure on himself, for both programs. Just because he has semi-successfully navigated the pressure doesn't mean he should be free of criticism.

But I do agree that we can stop talking about [Redacted]. I, for one, would like to pretend it never happened

If you're personally upset by what people have to say just put them on ignore. I think that's preferable to censorship.

I'll stop being negative on Wellman when he apologizes for his ARROGANCE, CENSORSHIP, and LYING. Please post his apology to this board in case I miss it.

Well yes, people are certainly free to be negative about all manner of things, but at least personally, I find it depressing (well, too strong of a word but you get the drift). I'm done with the negativity, by and large, for a good while. We've got a new coach and a fresh start.

I agree. I guess people have every right to start #Fire[Whoever] threads, but we've been so negative for so long that it would be nice to turn the corner. We have a couple of new, young coaches and a completely clean slate.

I agree. I guess people have every right to start #Fire[Whoever] threads, but we've been so negative for so long that it would be nice to turn the corner. We have a couple of new, young coaches and a completely clean slate.

Yep. Like it or not we are a public facet of the sports program. I think we proved that during the bzzout era. Would be nice to present a unified front of support for out two new coaches. They can certainly use it. They will have plenty of time to be criticized in their tenure.

Wellman is finished. He can't hurt us anymore.

I'm annoyed with all the whining, but to suggest we lock/delete threads or not allow people to post about what they want....no thanks. This isn't Scout.

Certainly no locks / deletes.

I bet with no restraints on him Chill would be a great pairing in recruiting with Manning. Those are two guys who willed their teams to victory.

Give Manning all the support needed to turn things around...Still Wellman out and forever will be!!!

Censorship? Just a suggestion!

This board resembles a society of old maids: they are bitter and critical about everything and they hate people who are cheerful and positive.

If expressing criticism and hatred makes you happy, that is what you will do. But at this point it is much more destructive than helpful: much more destructive than helpful. That is simply the truth.

But do what makes you happy.

Poor Wellman.. Had to actually "work" hard for two weeks... I bet his ass hurts from sitting on so many private jets, flying around talking to basketball coaches...Oh man not to mention going to NCAA tourney games and the final four! Oh my... Tough life.

Back