• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do current recruits know who Danny Manning is?

Who is a comparable player to Manning who was a star in the early 70s NCAA with a long NBA career who I may not have heard of? I'm trying to empathize with numbers.

Given that Manning is associated with Peyton and Eli, I can kind of understand assuming Danny is white.

According to Basketball Reference: players with similar pro careers to Manning that might fit the description

Orlando Woolridge
Scott Wedman
Greg Ballard

Marques Johnson was coached by gene bartow,mentioned in another thread. I was still in diapers when that happened yet somehow I still know about it :)

Who is a comparable player to Manning who was a star in the early 70s NCAA with a long NBA career who I may not have heard of? I'm trying to empathize with numbers.

Given that Manning is associated with Peyton and Eli, I can kind of understand assuming Danny is white.

cant make that comparison since the sport went crazy in popularity starting w Bird/Magic. If he was a religious fan who didn't know a name from the 70s I'd get it. Not from anyone post 1980

So have we reached a consensus that I don't actually religiously follow basketball yet?

Let me know if we get there.

And being in White Men Can't Jump

Marques was hysterical in that movie especially when he tried to rob the liquor store and the owner recogized him and said "Raymond is that you?
"nah, nah, this ain't Raymond!" God, my college roommates and I used to watch that over and over.

A college friend from Wake just texted me this. Pretty tight vintage tee. He's a huge KU fan and is stoked about the hire.

fvfcea.jpg
[/IMG]

which basketball post makes you question numbers hoops knowledge more between the manning post or his tubby smith post?

I think it's probably gotta be the Tubby one. That was just poor commentary of current events. Not knowing Manning just shows a completely oblivious nature towards historically good ballers.

I've seen a substantial number of Tubby-coached teams and still provided an awful opinion on his teams.

ETA: That's a great shirt. There are also a handful of throwback jerseys that I think are a must-have for a student section supporting Manning.

yeah i kinda want a KU one, but i turn 30 next year.

I think the real benefit of Danny as coach his if we ever actually make the tournament. Every game we are in will feature ridiculous highlights of him in 1988. So there is a lot of wood to chop before he gets us to the tourney but if we do the positive story spin potential is amazing.

I think the real benefit of Danny as coach his if we ever actually make the tournament. Every game we are in will feature ridiculous highlights of him in 1988. So there is a lot of wood to chop before he gets us to the tourney but if we do the positive story spin potential is amazing.

Yep, this is definitely huge. TV highlights of our coach, who played for a different school over 25 years ago, will be at the top of the list of reasons why Wake Forest benefits from Danny Manning.

here's JR Giddens getting blocked by his coach DANNY MANNING in a pickup game

giddensblocked_t440.jpg

Back