• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do current recruits know who Danny Manning is?

A college friend from Wake just texted me this. Pretty tight vintage tee. He's a huge KU fan and is stoked about the hire.

fvfcea.jpg
[/IMG]

It's probably been said elsewhere but I'm pretty sure that Coach Manning hates the "Danny and the Miracles" moniker. My recollection is that Coach Manning hates it because it separated him from his teammates which he did not believe was appropriate. Despite all of his individual success, Coach Manning is a humble guy who works hard and preaches teamwork.

It's probably been said elsewhere but I'm pretty sure that Coach Manning hates the "Danny and the Miracles" moniker. My recollection is that Coach Manning hates it because it separated him from his teammates which he did not believe was appropriate. Despite all of his individual success, Coach Manning is a humble guy who works hard and preaches teamwork.

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing. Definitely an old school mentality that you rarely see today.

Very cool. I wish Tim Duncan could have been in a similar situation in 1997.

I really like that!

Hope he can coach shooting!

Wikipedia is a powerful tool. 5 seconds and they will see "Wooden Award Winner, #1 overall pick, 2x NBA All-Star"

Plenty of Danny Manning highlights available on the YouTube (both college and pro, surprisingly).

I like that Manning came back from 3 ACL surgeries. Tough dude. That was something CMM pointed out.

lol. Sometimes you just need to keep it to yourself. Pretty embarrassing to be a basketball fan and not know that Danny Manning was probably one of the top 5 players to play college basketball during the 1980's.

1980's basketball players in the same stratosphere as Manning:

(In no particular order)
Len Bias
Lionel Simmons
Hakeem Olajuwon
Wayman Tisdale
Ralph Sampson
Patrick Ewing
Michael Jordan
David Robinson
Chris Mullen
Sean Elliott

Of that list I would probably only put Sampson and Ewing ahead of Manning, and it wouldn't be that far off. We are talking about someone who would be in the starting five for a team of the decade. Manning was simply the man. I really can't wait to see what he can do on the recruiting trail. Now that he has a High Major Program to recruit to, I just have to believe he is going to be able to pull in some big time talent.

Woot Woot....

Back