• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning..How long will he last

Chris, you know the history. Prosser would have gotten the axe prior to his death if up to the base.

Incorrect. You are talking to a bunch of posters who have, by and large, represented the "base" on message boards for the better part of 15 years. There was frustration with Skip's last few teams, particularly the underperforming team that featured Gray and Williams as seniors, but there was optimism about the incoming class. There were grumblings about how he needed to have his teams start to perform and soon, but even the most vocal of those folks (of which I was one) were not calling for his head. He was one more bad season from hearing more grumblings, and then by what ended up being Dino's 2nd season, they would have disappeared unless he tanked in the tourney that year like Dino did against Cleveland State.

You underestimate the power of Skip's personality. Even those disappointed by his abilities loved him. His players loved him too. That was Skip's saving grace, and something that I think would have bought him several more years at Wake until he retired and we could pass the reigns onto somebody capable. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be.

And State fans, who ran off Sendek after 5 straight tourney appearances, should be the last fanbase to talk.

At least all Wake fans can unite in their desire to see SBpacks dialup provider finally turn off his service after months of his delinquent double wide account and suspicions of meth.

I really don't think NC State fans have the right to talk about coaches of other teams.

Back in 2007, the worst year of Skip's tenure, I sent him an e-mail thanking him for what he'd done for Wake and expressing confidence that he'd get things turned around. He sent me this back:

Garrett: Thank you for your thoughtful email. I can understand why some of our fans are disgruntled. I don't think any of us are happy with the season thus far; however, we are working hard each and every day and intend to improve so that we can make all of our supporters proud of their team. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write and that you are continuing to support us at the games. It is so important, especially now. See you tonight vs Clemson.

Coach Prosser

Five months later, he was dead. Still hard to believe.

I really don't think NC State fans have the right to talk about coaches of other teams.

Hell. They are already talking of running Gott off and they want to come on here before the ink is dry on the contract and start this crap...

Garrett? A Garrett wrote the most epic post in Scout boards history.

It's like when Ralphie finds out it's an ad for Ovaltine ...

Back in 2007, the worst year of Skip's tenure, I sent him an e-mail thanking him for what he'd done for Wake and expressing confidence that he'd get things turned around. He sent me this back:

Five months later, he was dead. Still hard to believe.

Why is this doucher in this forum?!
Go back to you Wolf Puppies boards and dream of Archie Miller!
ManUP or GTFO

And State fans, who ran off Sendek after 5 straight tourney appearances, should be the last fanbase to talk.

Chris, why didn't Wake interview him if he was such a great coach?

Back