• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Silicon Valley (HBO show)

Defs a show I'll keep watching as long as they make it, but also wouldn't really notice if it stopped.

not sure that I get the "all time" hype of the finale - am i missing something that was so monumental about it?

i mean this is the best scene from the show by far:

won't argue about mean jerk time being best all time SV scene (frankly one of the best comedy scenes from any show ever), but the SWOT analysis is pretty darn close.

I really want to like this show. I like Martin Starr. I like Kumail Nanjiani. The main female character is easy on the eyes. They got rid of TJ Miller, who was obnoxious. But something about it just makes it... grating.

I really want to like this show. I like Martin Starr. I like Kumail Nanjiani. The main female character is easy on the eyes. They got rid of TJ Miller, who was obnoxious. But something about it just makes it... grating.

It's so formulaic - the guys get into trouble, they get bailed out, the guy get into trouble again, they get bailed out again. It's a fine show. It definitely did not need 6 seasons.

It's so formulaic - the guys get into trouble, they get bailed out, the guy get into trouble again, they get bailed out again. It's a fine show. It definitely did not need 6 seasons.

Agreed.

I also agree that TJ Miller is missed.

Jared is now the best character.

I didn’t think they got rid of TJ Miller, I thought he left to work on his movie career.

Then, he got in trouble.

I didn’t think they got rid of TJ Miller, I thought he left to work on his movie career.

Then, he got in trouble.

Either way, his schtick is tired. He's a poor man's Ryan Reynolds.

Back