• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Austin, TX

Cool, I'm around. Friday night were celebrating ZR's 30th Bday at Volstead.

Got that FB invite. Might have to come round and celebrate. I might be the only one who still calls him ZR. All y'all's friends looked at me like I was crazy the other day.

Have to bring back "Horshack"

I will also be in Austin with the wife for MLK weekend for my bday. Hitting up Master Pancake Friday night, going to Qui and doing the tasting room on Saturday night. Will probably hit up Texas Chili Parlor at some point too.

I will also be in Austin with the wife for MLK weekend for my bday. Hitting up Master Pancake Friday night, going to Qui and doing the tasting room on Saturday night. Will probably hit up Texas Chili Parlor at some point too.

If it tells you how awesome and big Austin is, I've never been to any of these things. Except Texas Chili Parlor on my first day here (shitshow, to say the least). And I guess I go to the Alamo all the time, but never for Master Pancake.

If it tells you how awesome and big Austin is, I've never been to any of these things. Except Texas Chili Parlor on my first day here (shitshow, to say the least). And I guess I go to the Alamo all the time, but never for Master Pancake.

Oh man master pancake is awesome. You need to do it. Conair on friday, but it's the lake line location.

Did you drink magnums at TCP? Is the waiter that dresses like a pirate still there? We did engagement photos there.

You ever go to antonellis?

Oh man master pancake is awesome. You need to do it. Conair on friday, but it's the lake line location.

Did you drink magnums at TCP? Is the waiter that dresses like a pirate still there? We did engagement photos there.

You ever go to antonellis?

Ha, I don't like people making fun of movies I like. CON AIR is badass.

No fucking clue what was going down at TCP. That was two and a half years ago, and it was ridiculous. Never been to Antonellis, but done Hyde Park Grill once (2.5 years ago) and Julio's a bunch of times. I'm just not a Hyde Park man; I'm an East Sider.

Gotcha. My wife lived right by antonellis. Great spot for cheese and meat.

Mcp is awesome even if you love the movie. Jurassic park was probably the best I've seen. They make a drinking game out of it. Every time it hit one of the drinking list everyone yelled "shoot her!" Before drinking.

Dude thats quite the lineup

Ha, I don't like people making fun of movies I like. CON AIR is badass.

No fucking clue what was going down at TCP. That was two and a half years ago, and it was ridiculous. Never been to Antonellis, but done Hyde Park Grill once (2.5 years ago) and Julio's a bunch of times. I'm just not a Hyde Park man; I'm an East Sider.

Hyde Park Grill is overrated. Used to be wonderful. Not so much anymore

Hyde Park Grill has bomb ass open faced pulled pork sammiches on Fridays. Besides that its a whole lot of meh. I use to work two blocks away from it, so I use to frequent it for lunch regularly.

TCP is awesome though. Two of the mangum margaritas and you are on your ass. Its also the only place left downtown that is still reasonably priced for the food it serves and the atmosphere is great. Great old Texas feel. I try to make it up there at least once a month, and always take my friends there who are visiting.

Hyde Park Grill has bomb ass open faced pulled pork sammiches on Fridays. Besides that its a whole lot of meh. I use to work two blocks away from it, so I use to frequent it for lunch regularly.

TCP is awesome though. Two of the mangum margaritas and you are on your ass. Its also the only place left downtown that is still reasonably priced for the food it serves and the atmosphere is great. Great old Texas feel. I try to make it up there at least once a month, and always take my friends there who are visiting.

Yeah my wife and I went every time I visited her. The only hesitation on this trip is that she is pregnant and we aren't sure if she will enjoy going without being able to drink. She and a friend of her's knew the pirate waiter by name and we didn't even have to order the magnum we we rolled in (they got diet magnums).

I cannot wait until Friday.

218908_635071260013_5457190_o.jpg

If any of y'all end up at TCP this weekend and see these two, come say hi (if that table is open, that's where we will be sitting too):

TCP.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday before noon. Trust me, we tried.

ughhhh, Texas is the worst! I can't tell you how many times I've stood in line at the HEB waiting for noon to roll around.

You should have bought some chips and salsa or something -- they'll serve you then!

ughhhh, Texas is the worst! I can't tell you how many times I've stood in line at the HEB waiting for noon to roll around.

You should have bought some chips and salsa or something -- they'll serve you then!

It was actually so early that the place wasn't open. They opened it just to let us take the photos. That whole "golden hour" bullshit from the photographers.

I feel you on the before noon pain, same thing here in NC.

TCP is on La Vaca right? If it is, I worked right across from it one summer for an internship, and the attorneys would sometimes go on Fridays. I never thought it was any great shakes, but maybe I should have gone more. Always had a better time at Dog and Duck a couple blocks away.

Back