• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Austin, TX

Dog and Duck has since closed. Sad too, was my favorite happy hour spot when I worked in what sounds like the same building you did up until two weeks ago.

TCP is on La Vaca right? If it is, I worked right across from it one summer for an internship, and the attorneys would sometimes go on Fridays. I never thought it was any great shakes, but maybe I should have gone more. Always had a better time at Dog and Duck a couple blocks away.

Yep. We just loved it because of cheap, strong drinks and the dive bar atmosphere. The chili isn't bad either.

Two tacos down from El Chile down. Weekend off to a great start.

Whoa. I live like two blocks down the street.

TCP is on La Vaca right? If it is, I worked right across from it one summer for an internship, and the attorneys would sometimes go on Fridays. I never thought it was any great shakes, but maybe I should have gone more. Always had a better time at Dog and Duck a couple blocks away.

I was next door to TCP last night.

Dog and Duck has since closed. Sad too, was my favorite happy hour spot when I worked in what sounds like the same building you did up until two weeks ago.

R.I.P Dog and Duck. I went four times in their last week.

Tried to get into Qui, but ended up at Lenoir and Congress for my two dinners in Austin and both were amazing. Lenoir is possibly the best value in fine dining ever. Congress not so much a best value, but really, really good food. I loved 6th Street the same way I love Broadway in Nashville - don't like the music at one bar, just move to the next one. Had breakfast tacos from a couple different trailers and they were fantastic. Went for a run around Lady Bird Lake - such a nice place to go for a run, walk, bike, etc. I came away throughly impressed with Austin - can't wait to make it back.

And randomly ran into bojanglefunk waiting on our flight - hope I didn't come off as too much of a stalker :)

Back when I went with any regularity, I skipped 6th Street altogether. I'd hang out north of campus at dives like Crown & Anchor and Posse East. Breakfast/hangover grub at Star Seeds. There was a place over on 38 1/2 Street just past Fiesta and near the school that had some killer hangover-curing breakfast tacos, but it burnt down. I can't remember the name of it. Pato's or something like that.

Tried to get into Qui, but ended up at Lenoir and Congress for my two dinners in Austin and both were amazing. Lenoir is possibly the best value in fine dining ever. Congress not so much a best value, but really, really good food. I loved 6th Street the same way I love Broadway in Nashville - don't like the music at one bar, just move to the next one. Had breakfast tacos from a couple different trailers and they were fantastic. Went for a run around Lady Bird Lake - such a nice place to go for a run, walk, bike, etc. I came away throughly impressed with Austin - can't wait to make it back.

And randomly ran into bojanglefunk waiting on our flight - hope I didn't come off as too much of a stalker :)

No that was hilarious. Sorry I wasn't more chatty, I was nursing a hangover.

Back when I went with any regularity, I skipped 6th Street altogether. I'd hang out north of campus at dives like Crown & Anchor and Posse East. Breakfast/hangover grub at Star Seeds. There was a place over on 38 1/2 Street just past Fiesta and near the school that had some killer hangover-curing breakfast tacos, but it burnt down. I can't remember the name of it. Pato's or something like that.

Sadly, Crowne and Anchor is no longer a dive. Posse East is still a bit divey, but nothing like East Sixth for proper grungey dives. Star Seeds is still there and sketchy as ever. I live pretty damned close to that Fiesta. 16 blocks south (which is only about a half a mile in weird East Austin distances).

I can't imagine that C&A has become nice. It's a shame if that's the case. They were great for cheap burgers and beers. My friend used to bring his dog and let him chase squirrels around on that low hanging roof. That neighborhood around Fiesta (particularly behind the school) used to be kind of cool. Kind of its own artist/hippie type neighborhood. I doubt it still is these days. That was damn near 20 years ago when I was first there.

"Nice" is relative, of course, but they have higher-end beers on tap, and their clientele is mostly of the non-divey sort. I still patronize it about once a month or so, for its convenience, burgers, and picnic tables. Also have decent happy hour specials on pitchers.

But I'm a hole in the wall man, through and through.

Enjoyed a great few days in Braskyville. The food truck scene is stupendous. Walked so far on Thursday that my calves are still sore 2 days later. Saw the old Real World house.

Had a solid time in Braskyville this past weekend. Hit up Franklin's and did the four hour wait. Definitely a fun, one-time, thing to do. It was almost like tailgating. And the brisket was amazing.

My favorite thing about the city? So many latina hotties walking around.

Well, Time to pull this thread back from the dungeon. Headed to the TX state capital for bidness at the end of the month. Gonna be staying downtown (Renaissance Hotel).

Any recommendations on tourist destinations that are must see?

Well, Time to pull this thread back from the dungeon. Headed to the TX state capital for bidness at the end of the month. Gonna be staying downtown (Renaissance Hotel).

Any recommendations on tourist destinations that are must see?

Sup bro

A few questions before we get started

Are you going to have a car? Do you like to get drunk? Do you like BBQ? Are you interested in Texas history? A/S/L?

Sup bro

A few questions before we get started

Are you going to have a car? Do you like to get drunk? Do you like BBQ? Are you interested in Texas history? A/S/L?

Answers: Will have a car; not really into getting drunk, but do like to taste local microbrews. I do like BBQ, and would very much like to hit up a few local places. Some of the best BBQ i've ever had was decades back in the last millennium at a place off I-35 between Austin and San Antonio. And yes, was looking to see what Austin has to offer in the TX history way. Done the San Antonio stuff.

Back