• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Austin, TX

forensicdeac

Reaction score
Headed to Austin this afternoon for week long class. We will have our evenings free. What are the can't miss places for food and entertainment? Hole in the wall places are better than major tourist ones.
We are actually staying in Cedar Creek but will have a car.

Thanks.

The honkey tonk that we went to with wakephan09 the night before my wedding was a legit hole in the wall with great music and a lively crowd. Somewhere way east on 6th. Wakephan09? Care to chime in?

The honkey tonk that we went to with wakephan09 the night before my wedding was a legit hole in the wall with great music and a lively crowd. Somewhere way east on 6th. Wakephan09? Care to chime in?

White Horse, I think was the name. Good stuff.

Wakephan and I will be at Matt's El Rancho on South Lamar tonight if you wanna join. Really good Mehico food.

And yes to Salt Lick, but an unfortunate no to Franklin's. You gotta go at like 10 am on a Tuesday which Forensic can't do with his schedule. Oh and make sure its Salt Lick out in Driftwood, not the one at the airport. Yes I had a friend who was visiting who drove to the airport before she figured it out.

As for White Horse, yes. That place is awesome.

Wakephan and I will be at Matt's El Rancho on South Lamar tonight if you wanna join. Really good Mehico food.

And yes to Salt Lick, but an unfortunate no to Franklin's. You gotta go at like 10 am on a Tuesday which Forensic can't do with his schedule. Oh and make sure its Salt Lick out in Driftwood, not the one at the airport. Yes I had a friend who was visiting who drove to the airport before she figured it out.

As for White Horse, yes. That place is awesome.

Thanks for the invite. We just checked into our hotel and are enjoying the last of happy hour. Would love the chance to meet up with you in person after years of reading the boards.

Heard that Stubbs is good too, even tho commercial

Found White Horse. It like great. My coworker is scared he will get beat up there. What a jackass. It would be great to see it happen though!

Found White Horse. It like great. My coworker is scared he will get beat up there. What a jackass. It would be great to see it happen though!

You weren't, by any chance, at Caffe Medici this afternoon, were you?

Nice of Brasky to spend ten times as much ogb-energy on the Chicago v. Charlotte thread rather than the one about the place where he actually lives.

Back