• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Austin, TX

No it's not. Franklins is nothing but hipster bbq that a bunch of unemployed, skinny jean wearing, uber hating, trust fund losers have convinced themselves is great bbq. One thing Franklins is good at is marketing, they crush that game.

They must be drunk or high as well - they are smoking the wrong animal.

Rec for a place that could take a reservation for 12 people? A couple suggestions? Yelp seems to recommend Salty Sow pretty highly.

What kind of food? $$$?

Any really, as long as it's delicious. Gastro/America or BBQ might be best. Mainly somewhere that will take a larger group. Bangers looks great, but maybe hard to get a large group into? $$ or $$$ or if you have something more you recommend, feel free.

Any really, as long as it's delicious. Gastro/America or BBQ might be best. Mainly somewhere that will take a larger group. Bangers looks great, but maybe hard to get a large group into? $$ or $$$ or if you have something more you recommend, feel free.

Fitting 12 at Bangers is going to be tough.

Lambert's is a bbq place that you can make reservations at.

Rec for a place that could take a reservation for 12 people? A couple suggestions? Yelp seems to recommend Salty Sow pretty highly.

What kind of crowd? Salty Sow is like a nicer HH and dinner spot. Which just happens to be two blocks from my apt.

And I think you could swing 12 at Bangers, but I don't believe they take reservations. You just roll up and they sit you at one of their big ass tables. If it's not the heart of Sunday brunch it shouldn't be a problem. I've been with larger groups.

Go to DK sushi on Thursday night. If you call first thing Thursday morning you should be able to make a reservation for 12. Everybody will have a great time for certain.

What kind of crowd? Salty Sow is like a nicer HH and dinner spot. Which just happens to be two blocks from my apt.

And I think you could swing 12 at Bangers, but I don't believe they take reservations. You just roll up and they sit you at one of their big ass tables. If it's not the heart of Sunday brunch it shouldn't be a problem. I've been with larger groups.

It's a Wake guys trip. Looking for something not quiet or upscale per se. Also, we are staying at a house on San Marcos Street so something not too far from there.

Thanks for the recs.

I'll be in ATX twice in August. Gonna hit Franklins while the women folk do baby shower shit. Anywhere else I should request that we go? And I am told that SA is generally regarded as having better Mexican food than ATX, but what is generally considered the height of Mexican in ATX? We're defs going to Maudies because that's what we do, but I wouldn't call that anything special.

I'll be in ATX twice in August. Gonna hit Franklins while the women folk do baby shower shit. Anywhere else I should request that we go? And I am told that SA is generally regarded as having better Mexican food than ATX, but what is generally considered the height of Mexican in ATX? We're defs going to Maudies because that's what we do, but I wouldn't call that anything special.

Seems like Fonda San Miguel was always considered the height. I always liked Curras or just one of the breakfast taco places. Juan In a Million was another favorite.

Back