• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Hehe, the first time I flashed it I still had the outdated bootloader on my phone, so I didn't even get to the ROM loading screen. It got stuck at the HTC flash screen. That was fun.

Lulz, defs time to flash a new ROM.

Make sure you don't reinstall the same copy of Swype with Titanium (and never ever restore app/system data, just apps if you feel the need). Just reinstall the Swype Installer app and let that install the version of Swype for you.

wait, I always back up my app/system data and restore it because re-entering all my account info into apps is such a bitch. Why is that a bad idea when switching ROMs?

wait, I always back up my app/system data and restore it because re-entering all my account info into apps is such a bitch. Why is that a bad idea when switching ROMs?

Well imo most apps keep important data on teh SD car anyway (stuff like saved games/settings and ish).

I'm usually switching between completely different ROMs (from sense-less, to cleaned up sense 2.0, to custom like Cyanogen, back to sense 3.0, etc.) and a lot of times app data won't work consistently w/ all of those and will cause a lot of FC's. System data is probably a bigger concern in that regard though.

If you're sticking with just stock based ROMs it's probably not as much of an issue, but I've had many a good ROM actually get a lot of FC's and errors because I restored old system/app data.

I only ever backup my contacts/messaging/calendar. Nothing else is really that important.

Yeah, mah contacts/calendar are all stored on mah google account, so when I set my new ROM up those load automatically. Don't really care about backing up messaging most of the time.

Yeah, mah contacts/calendar are all stored on mah google account, so when I set my new ROM up those load automatically. Don't really care about backing up messaging most of the time.

Is there a way to easily transfer all contacts to google account? I think that'd be optimal and somewhere along the way, I missed doing it.

PS. Renfro is asking about you.

Hey cookout, I'm thinking of rooting the fiancees DInc and putting a sense 3.0 rom on there. Which one were you using that had good battery life? Any advice?

Hey cookout, I'm thinking of rooting the fiancees DInc and putting a sense 3.0 rom on there. Which one were you using that had good battery life? Any advice?

I'm using Kingdom Rewind 3.0 right now and I love it (think that's teh name anyway). Just make sure your Hboot (.92) and Radio (2.15.x) are updated and you'll be good. They probably are if she's gotten teh normal Verizon updates.

The battery life on my Revolution is fairly awful (though I have no previous smartphone to compare). It might be time to root though I'm scared of that!

I unplugged it around 5:45 am and have read like 2 emails, made 2 moves on Words With Friends, ignored one incoming call and it's asking for the charger. It hasn't even been 12 hours. :mad:

I'm using Kingdom Rewind 3.0 right now and I love it (think that's teh name anyway). Just make sure your Hboot (.92) and Radio (2.15.x) are updated and you'll be good. They probably are if she's gotten teh normal Verizon updates.

I'm using this as well. I didn't use my phone much this weekend and its battery lasted almost 3 days.

The screen-off battery life is ridiculously good, I need to update to the newest version still. Might be even better.

My updated review of the Samsung Droid Charge:
1. The screen is awesome. It is large enough to be useful. I can read it without my old-man reading glasses.
2. Great interface with other Google services, such as Google+. Video chat could be good through this service if it takes off.
3. Apparently, at least so far, video conferencing via Skype is not an option. I wasn't smart enough to figure this out before I bought the Charge. Skype dialing is available, but that is not particularly impressive.
4. It drops BlueTooth way too frequently. I drive a manual transmission most of the time, so talking without "hands free" is not an option. This is my biggest disappointment with the phone so far. Hopefully, upgrades to the operating system will fix the issue.

The battery life on my Revolution is fairly awful (though I have no previous smartphone to compare). It might be time to root though I'm scared of that!

I unplugged it around 5:45 am and have read like 2 emails, made 2 moves on Words With Friends, ignored one incoming call and it's asking for the charger. It hasn't even been 12 hours. :mad:

12 hours, in my experience, is about as much as you can hope for without tweaking things on your phone. I wouldn't consider it terrible. I used to unplug my Hero to go into Groves for a football game and it would be dead and shut off by the start of the 4th quarter.

Try an app like JuiceDefender if you don't want to root your phone. It seems to help at least.

This is what I get for not buying insurance on my phone and for dropping it(3rd time I've ever dropped it).

Broken screen on my Incredible. I can't upgrade until June of 2012. I have an old enV3, but when I tried to get it activated at Verizon, they couldn't because there were pending changes on my account.

So now I'm stuck using my work phone until the 20th.

Just loving life.

I'll do this eventually, but I don't have an extra $300 sitting around.

You can get an Incredible for around 200.

If you're just looking for a decent phone to get you to your upgrade, you can spend 80-120 or so.

Back