• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

they turned 4G on in Winston today, 3 whole days early

Despite the beating they've taken in the American market (reflected in their stock price), I still think they are a viable company (provided they can pull it together with their next gen phones).

Most people forget (especially people that are obsessed with the lastest and greatest device) that most of the world still runs on 2G. They are destroying that market by offering affordable devices to developing markets, and while those devices dont have an 8.0mpx camera and 4G, they still do one thing (email) better than ANY phone on the market today. You can get a blackberry curve for like $40, and it is a damn solid phone.

They definitely have a lot of catching up to do, but if they have the right leadership I think that their profits from developing markets could sustain them through that period.

Despite the beating they've taken in the American market (reflected in their stock price), I still think they are a viable company (provided they can pull it together with their next gen phones).

Most people forget (especially people that are obsessed with the lastest and greatest device) that most of the world still runs on 2G. They are destroying that market by offering affordable devices to developing markets, and while those devices dont have an 8.0mpx camera and 4G, they still do one thing (email) better than ANY phone on the market today. You can get a blackberry curve for like $40, and it is a damn solid phone.

They definitely have a lot of catching up to do, but if they have the right leadership I think that their profits from developing markets could sustain them through that period.

I think that's their problem...their leadership is an issue. Guys who were once innovative have become reactive, and it is hurting the brand domestically.

droid bionic, here I come. I'm hoping for the late july, early august release date. I spent most of the last week with my work phone, a palm pre 2, its serviceable, but not good for an everyday phone. Now I'll be activating my old env3 until the bionic comes out. Booooo

Pretty sure it got FCC certification a couple of weeks ago. Should be coming soon.

Lots of rumors swirling about the release date. They can reapply for FCC authorization to change the date as well. I think it was originally applied for release on the 4th or 7th of August.

Somebody leaked a screenshot of the Bionic on Verizon's site. It's going to be pricey at launch (if it's correct)...$299 on contract.

I am holding out for the Samsung Galaxy S II. Supposedly it launches next month. I have the Samsung Captivate and run Cognition.. Love it. Can't wait for the thinner phone, dual core processor and front camera.

I am holding out for the Samsung Galaxy S II. Supposedly it launches next month. I have the Samsung Captivate and run Cognition.. Love it. Can't wait for the thinner phone, dual core processor and front camera.

They're calling it the Samsung "Function" for Verizon, and Samsung "Within" for Sprint. I wanted to wait for it, but I couldn't pass up a 30$ EVO 4G.

So in an effort to keep my work phone usage down, I tried to go into Verizon yesterday and activate my old enV3. It turns out that they would have to take me off of the grandfathered unlimited data plan to activate that phone and when the Bionic comes out, I'd have to re-up on the new tiered data service. Tell me how the fuck that works?

Now that is a scam if I have ever heard one.

Amazon has some pics of the Bionic and some of its docking stations. It's coming soon! :drool:

p5Vqw.jpg

Damn. SGSII has some sick stats if this leaked focus group report is true.

Not interested if it isn't actually 4G LTE, though.

Should be 2 more weeks of waiting.

I need to figure out how to backup my broken Incredible.

Had you run any backups in the first place recently?

Back