• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Noooob, you should have had those all saved in your google account anyway.

I was thinking their might be a way to access that image/backup file on your computer and pull the contacts out. But I have no idea how to do that. You may also be able just to get into teh phone using your computer/SDK and pull the contacts file, assuming they are stored somewhere like that.

Should be 2 more weeks of waiting.

I need to figure out how to backup my broken Incredible.

You could go get a thunderbolt our some other relatively new phone and use it for two weeks and return it before the 14 day exchange window.

I just took apart my incredible to see if something could be done about the screen.

I'd replace it if I really couldn't get a new phone, but its not worth hassle. IMO.

anybody know when Virgin Mobile changed from $25/mo to $35/mo?

Following an imminent cell phone launch is probably one of the worst things I've ever done in terms of waiting for technology.

I wish Motorola would release some more details so I could be sure of when I'm going to get the phone. July 28, Aug 4, Aug 8, Sept 1. People still aren't even sure of the specs for the stupid thing.

WTB some concrete dates and data.
Edit: August 11 or 12 are now being bandied about as a release dates Facepalm

I'm hoping for 1gb of RAM and a 1.2ghz processor, but we'll see.

My Droid Incredible has been on the fritz for the last six weeks. Anytime the battery gets low, it freezes up and wont move off the white intro screen. Verizon, my nemesis, has mailed out four separate replacement phones and a new battery. I am taking it in today and not leaving without a penalty free broken contract. My phone has worked for about 1/3 of the last six weeks. Enough is enough. Time to move to AT&T I guess.

My Droid Incredible has been on the fritz for the last six weeks. Anytime the battery gets low, it freezes up and wont move off the white intro screen. Verizon, my nemesis, has mailed out four separate replacement phones and a new battery. I am taking it in today and not leaving without a penalty free broken contract. My phone has worked for about 1/3 of the last six weeks. Enough is enough. Time to move to AT&T I guess.

Bummer man. Send it to me when you go to AT&T and I'll root it and fix whatever problem is going on.

I'll admit this whole broken phone experience has been my only issue ever with Verizon, but boy did it piss me off. If my enV3 can use the internet, video, and email, why can't I use my current data plan on that phone until I upgrade to the Bionic?

You can currently break your contract with no ETF due to Verizon changing their TOS. That excuse will work until August 30th.

My Verizon iPhone is rocking. Sends our cock pics way faster than my BB Storm did.

Awesome rumor out today:

Nexus Prime to Verizon

4.6"
Samsung
~October release date
This makes it a tough decision to pull the trigger on the Bionic..
Also, it seems from this news that the SGSII might not be LTE.

Awesome rumor out today:

This makes it a tough decision to pull the trigger on the Bionic..
Also, it seems from this news that the SGSII might not be LTE.

If true, that's a horrible decision by Samsung. With all the Android sets going 4G, it puts that phone at a pretty bad disadvantage.

I'm kinda wondering when we'll start to see some WP7 + Nokia + 4G sets.

If true, that's a horrible decision by Samsung. With all the Android sets going 4G, it puts that phone at a pretty bad disadvantage.

I'm kinda wondering when we'll start to see some WP7 + Nokia + 4G sets.

I'd have to agree. Lots of people are thinking that the SGSII won't have 4G, but I'm not really sure where I stand on the issue.

It would be stupid for them not to have it, but some of these guys spend all day looking for every tidbit of news on this stuff.

I'd like to see some new Nokia phones just for shits and giggles. I don't think I've seen one of their phones in use in a few years.

The more I read, the more unsure I am that the Function will have LTE. Lots of people think the LTE radio is too large to fit comfortably in the casing.

My Verizon iPhone is rocking. Sends our cock pics way faster than my BB Storm did.

My wife and I had a quite heated discussion with a manager and GM at Verizon today. All they would concede was letting me upgrade to another phone now instead of ten months from now. But, I cant upgrade to an iPhone, I have to choose one of the droids/BB/Evo pieces of shit. Problem is, my rate at Verizon is better than what I could get at ATT and Verizon has better coverage. What to do....

My wife and I had a quite heated discussion with a manager and GM at Verizon today. All they would concede was letting me upgrade to another phone now instead of ten months from now. But, I cant upgrade to an iPhone, I have to choose one of the droids/BB/Evo pieces of shit. Problem is, my rate at Verizon is better than what I could get at ATT and Verizon has better coverage. What to do....

So you think anything that isn't an Iphone is a piece of shit?

Will they let you get a Droid Incredible 2, Charge or Thunderbolt?

No, not really, but I had a BB storm for years and I am not going back. The Droid Incredible that I have is the one giving me issues and there is no way I am getting another one of those. No experience w the Charge or Thunderbolt but every single person I know w an iPhone is happy with it. Including Heavy Petter and his dick pics.

Back