• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

No, not really, but I had a BB storm for years and I am not going back. The Droid Incredible that I have is the one giving me issues and there is no way I am getting another one of those. No experience w the Charge or Thunderbolt but every single person I know w an iPhone is happy with it. Including Heavy Petter and his dick pics.

Suit yourself. FWIW, you probably just had a dud of a phone. The only problem I ever had with my Incredible was because I dropped it on the floor.

The Motorola droid's are pretty durable. I've got the original and will hopefully be getting the Bionic soon. I've also known friends and family to be very happy with theirs (X, X2, Droid 2).

No, not really, but I had a BB storm for years and I am not going back. The Droid Incredible that I have is the one giving me issues and there is no way I am getting another one of those. No experience w the Charge or Thunderbolt but every single person I know w an iPhone is happy with it. Including Heavy Petter and his dick pics.

The EVO 4G and Thunderbolt are great phones.

Suit yourself. FWIW, you probably just had a dud of a phone. The only problem I ever had with my Incredible was because I dropped it on the floor.

I think there have been some bad batches of them. I've heard some people say they've never had problems with their DInc, and I've talked to others who have had to replace theirs 3 or 4 times before finally moving on to a different manufacturer. I would like to see the return rates on different handsets. I'm honestly somewhat surprised more people haven't tried WP7. I know their App store is still trying to get off the ground, but that UI is just great.

I have a spare Charge I can sell you on the cheap. Amazon Wireless replaced my first one and hasn't asked for the original back... :thumbsup:

I think there have been some bad batches of them. I've heard some people say they've never had problems with their DInc, and I've talked to others who have had to replace theirs 3 or 4 times before finally moving on to a different manufacturer. I would like to see the return rates on different handsets. I'm honestly somewhat surprised more people haven't tried WP7. I know their App store is still trying to get off the ground, but that UI is just great.

webOS' UI is great too but I don't see either of those platforms ever taking off unfortunately.

God, I have such a hardon for webOS' multitasking and application switching. It is a thing of beauty compared to anything else out there.

How cheap are we talking?

I was just kidding, TW. I mean, I'd give it to you if I could - but I have a feeling Amazon is going to figure this out soon, and I really don't want to be charged $500. I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. :thumbsup:

I was just kidding, TW. I mean, I'd give it to you if I could - but I have a feeling Amazon is going to figure this out soon, and I really don't want to be charged $500. I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. :thumbsup:

Well if they never give you a call, let me know :)

Looking more and more like an early September release for the Bionic. Motherfucker Facepalm

Also, the Galaxy S II will have Verizon 4G LTE.

Source?

Kellex at Droidlife has been stating along that it might be a 9/1 release. Also, there is a distinct lack of anything regarding the Bionic. No manuals or anything. Preordering normally happens 2 weeks before launch and if it doesn't happen tonight at 12:01am, I'm not sure it will be an August launch.

edit: I see that VZWSupport tweeted that the SGSII will have LTE. Nice.

I'm actually going to try and get a blackberry from my gf's dads work to use in the meantime. I'll see what they both look like and how they review before making a decision now.

Hold a sec. Looks like VZW support may have made a mistake. It seems they may have confused the galaxy tab with the sgsII.

BleakNeonBlack Matthew O'Sullivan Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4G???? FOR REALZ?!?

@BleakNeonBlack Yes, great news! The Galaxy Tab 4G 10.1 is on our website here http://bit.ly/nz5dKw U can pre-order at the same link^CB

Hold a sec. Looks like VZW support may have made a mistake. It seems they may have confused the galaxy tab with the sgsII.

BleakNeonBlack Matthew O'Sullivan Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4G???? FOR REALZ?!?

@BleakNeonBlack Yes, great news! The Galaxy Tab 4G 10.1 is on our website here http://bit.ly/nz5dKw U can pre-order at the same link^CB

Oh, Verizon...getting the hopes up of many.

I had thought the Bionic popped up on the the Vzw website briefly last week, but I was on vacation so I didn't pay too close attention.

Oh, Verizon...getting the hopes up of many.

I had thought the Bionic popped up on the the Vzw website briefly last week, but I was on vacation so I didn't pay too close attention.

This is seriously driving me nuts :laugh:

There are some that are 100% certain that it will have 4G LTE and some that are 100% certain it won't... :plos:

Back