• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Yeah I have the original Motorola droid and I hate it. My phone ran out of memory so I've had to delete all of my apps to get it to work right. I was looking at the Bionic but I had sworn to myself that I wouldn't get another motorola. But my upgrade was July 25th and I want to get a dual core 4G. Now I'm ewither going to get the Iphone 5 or the HTC Vigor since I never want another motorola again. The Vigor is going to be a beast, 1.5ghz dual core processor and a super HD screen. I hope the Iphone 5 has 4G but I doubt that it will.

LTE on the iPhone 5 is not likely. The specs on the Vigor are impressive, but specs aren't everything. It's a safe bet that the battery on it will be horrid.

Well if it has the 2nd gen LTE chip then battery life should improve. Also it will be as good or better than the Thunderbolt. Regardless I'm not going to get the bionic since I'm very anti Motorola since I've had 4 Droid's in under 2 years (electrical/hardware problems).

Well if it has the 2nd gen LTE chip then battery life should improve. Also it will be as good or better than the Thunderbolt. Regardless I'm not going to get the bionic since I'm very anti Motorola since I've had 4 Droid's in under 2 years (electrical/hardware problems).

I understand the sentiment, but I would also say that you hear the same thing about every manufacturer. I think just a few pages back someone said something similar about the Incredible and HTC.

Every phone is going to have its quirks and deficiencies, so it's a real balancing act finding the one that fulfills your needs without compromising too much.

Completely understand what you are saying. Going from from a regular phone to the droid was an adjustment. The battery life was horrid in the droid in comparison to my regular phone. I'm willing to take a bad battery life on my next phone. Technology will keep getting better so your phone will be obsolete within a couple of months. I just don't want another Motorola since I hated mine and I think HTC makes a better phone.

It's hard to tell with that since the quality looks to be so bad. I'll be pissed if its pushed back to October like the rumors are saying.

I still think it's coming in September. There were rumors the last iPad was going to be delayed, too, and it didn't happen. I think Apple puts a lot of bad info out there after what happened with Gizmodo last year just to keep everyone guessing.

So I was working through twtoy's dad's work to get a phone on the cheap for the time being. The tech guy told me he'd get me an entry level android phone so I could keep my unlimited data plan while I waited for teh bionic or sgsII.

Her dad and I are constantly jabbing each other over iphone vs. droid. He had a droid x that he hated and switched over to an iphone.

The tech guy and twtoy's dad are best friends and they thought it would be funny to order me an iphone so I'm stuck with one for a month starting today.

I guess there are worse things.

Hey, TW...BGR posted a document today putting the Bionic and SGSII out on September 8th. No idea if it's legit, but it lines up with what you've been hearing.

Hey, TW...BGR posted a document today putting the Bionic and SGSII out on September 8th. No idea if it's legit, but it lines up with what you've been hearing.

I saw that on the Bionic forums.

September 8th meshes pretty well with the info that is out there.

I need to see how long I can keep this Iphone. If I could use it for 2 months while waiting on the HTC Vigor to release, that would be optimal.

I want to see how it reviews compared to the Bionic and SGSII and by that time, both of those phones should be rooted as well.

I saw that on the Bionic forums.

September 8th meshes pretty well with the info that is out there.

I need to see how long I can keep this Iphone. If I could use it for 2 months while waiting on the HTC Vigor to release, that would be optimal.

I want to see how it reviews compared to the Bionic and SGSII and by that time, both of those phones should be rooted as well.

I'm curious to see what you think of using the iPhone.

I'm curious to see what you think of using the iPhone.

TBH, I haven't had much time to mess around with this. I've been crazy busy with work and traveling to Chicago via car.

I'll update later this weekend when I've had more time to mess around with it.

I'm eligible to upgrade my 3GS and trying to see if I should wait for the 5 or get a 4 for $99.99. Thoughts? I'm not a huge tech/phone person, so really just trying to see if the practical elements (potential for more battery life, faster processor) and fun elements (better video capability, etc) make the 5 worth the wait/price increase.

There are some rumors that some features will only be available on the updated hardware.

Either way, it's always better to wait to see what Apple puts out there. If the 5 doesn't offer enough to compel you to get it, the 4 will still be there if you want the cheaper option. Plus we should know in about a month or so. Keep an eye on this thread as the regular contributors are pretty good about posting details as they pop up.

Bionic pics

droid-bionic1.jpg

droid-bionic3.jpg

100% confirmed 4.5" screen. Big fan of that. I love reading my Kindle on my phone.

Back