• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Yeah but when I turn off the e-mail chime it also turns off the badge notification. Maybe it is not supposed to do that?

Try under settings > notifications, but I don't see any way to turn off the badges on emails....I haven't ever seen this.

As for "ringtone profiles," there are 2: on and off. The only way to toggle is the switch on the side. This is a minor frustration of mine as well. Change the settings for this under settings > sounds.

Last edited:
I have. The only answers I've found are rooting the phone.

Settings>Sound Settings>Volume and move the System volume slider all the way to the left. It also turns off the touch feedback sounds.

This is pretty awesome. Motorola's build quality as been consistently better than pretty much every other android based phone and I think with Google at the head, it could get even better.

I think this is Google getting serious about consolidation of the Android platform. Google knows one of the biggest problems the platform faces is fragmentation. I think this is step one towards eliminating that problem. The days of any manufacturer being able to do whatever they want with any version of Android they choose may be numbered.

I think this is Google getting serious about consolidation of the Android platform. Google knows one of the biggest problems the platform faces is fragmentation. I think this is step one towards eliminating that problem. The days of any manufacturer being able to do whatever they want with any version of Android they choose may be numbered.

Certainly, and I welcome it. The android phones that local and low cost providers(Cincinnati Bell, Cricket Wireless etc...) market are embarrassing. Hell, even some of the larger cell phone manufacturers turn out absolute shit.

Well, I could be right eventually, but it looks ilke Google did this for a more immediate payoff: Patents. Lots and lots of patents to protect Android with from Microsoft and Apple.

It would have been nice to see Google fix HTC's ever present battery issues.

Does anyone have a rough date when the IPhone 5 is going to be out? My old IPhone is on its last legs and I don't want to get an outdated model if the new one is right around the corner.

Don't really know if the iPhone 4 would be considered out dated when 5 comes out. There are going to be very minor changes. Nothing to drastic.

Don't really know if the iPhone 4 would be considered out dated when 5 comes out. There are going to be very minor changes. Nothing to drastic.

Maybe. Case designs suggest a redesign for the 5. Also leaked this morning that they're doing LTE testing with Carriers, so it's possible (even if unlikely) that 4G could be in play. It'll be unveiled in September, so everyone should just wait to pull the trigger.

We're waiting on the iPhone 5, thinking that it might be a slimmer design than the 4.

Completely agree. I think that HTC makes a better product. HTC Sense is better than Motoblur or whatever its called now. HTC designs and build quality are also better but their battery life sucks more than others but motorola doesnt have great battery life anyways.

Iphone 5 or 4S appears to be early october. It's possible it will have 4G LTE too which would be awesome. http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/15/exclusive-4g-lte-iphone-currently-in-carrier-testing/

HTC makes beautiful phones, and their bootloader is always unlocked, so they're super easy to root. Which means battery life problems are a lot easier to take care of.

Oh yeah, I feel you on the battery issues being fixed by rooting, but the average user doesn't do that.

Maybe. Case designs suggest a redesign for the 5. Also leaked this morning that they're doing LTE testing with Carriers, so it's possible (even if unlikely) that 4G could be in play. It'll be unveiled in September, so everyone should just wait to pull the trigger.

I've just heard/read that it'll be a tad bit slimmer & a tad bigger screen. I live my 4. I have a feeling that the 6, when it comes out, will be a total overhaul of the design.

Btw, can you give me a link to the suggested redesign ?

I've just heard/read that it'll be a tad bit slimmer & a tad bigger screen. I live my 4. I have a feeling that the 6, when it comes out, will be a total overhaul of the design.

Btw, can you give me a link to the suggested redesign ?

BGR has multiple posts referencing the rumors. Check his blog, since he's usually pretty accurate.

Back