• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

If you are looking for the phone with the best and most seamless ecosystem of accessories, then the iPhone 14pro is the best value.

are the used unlocked phones on facebook marketplace just stolen phones?

through t-mobile I can get a free iPhone SE -- weighing if i'd rather drop $700 on a 13 or go with the limited model for free

are the used unlocked phones on facebook marketplace just stolen phones?

through t-mobile I can get a free iPhone SE -- weighing if i'd rather drop $700 on a 13 or go with the limited model for free
It’s pretty difficult to jailbreak a phone these day. I would be more untrustworthy of unlocked iPhone 14s and 13s, but unlocked 12s and older should be fairly common.

Doesn’t unlocked just mean you can use on any carrier? Doesn’t mean jailbroken OS

Doesn’t unlocked just mean you can use on any carrier? Doesn’t mean jailbroken OS
A newer stolen iphone would likely be carrier locked, and also once it’s reported stolen it’s SIM and IMEI locked. It would have to be jailbroken to a pretty extreme extent to activate new service on a stolen Apple device. All that is to say, it would be difficult to find a newer stolen iPhone that is completely unlocked.

Last edited:
Most likely this type of phone would have to be stolen from a second hand store where the dealer didn’t keep track of IMEI numbers.

I get Verizon phones from my employer that are unlocked.

I hand them down to wife and kids with accounts on different carrier and they work fine…just have to switch out the card.

I get Verizon phones from my employer that are unlocked.

I hand them down to wife and kids with accounts on different carrier and they work fine…just have to switch out the card.
Android devices much easier to steal, but Apple’s iCloud ecosystem tracks your e-sim and imei information, so that if your phone was stolen you would contact AppleCare and have it locked. It basically bricks the phone and makes it worthless for thieves. I believe Samsung has a similar system, but I don’t have as much familiarity with it.

Back