• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Weekly cell phone thread: NEW iPhone DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Is iPhone 5 gonna be 4G? if so, I may finally join the ranks of the gheyrods.

The whole cloud backup thing finally tipped the scales. Also, my work will pay for iPhones now.

The whole cloud backup thing finally tipped the scales. Also, my work will pay for iPhones now.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Depends on how you want to define 4G. If you're talking AT&T's HSPA+, I'd say there's a very good chance of that. If you're talking LTE, it gets a little more complicated. Apple rarely jumps on to emerging technologies, but could feel pressure from other manufacturers pumping out 4G Android sets.

There have been very few rumors regarding 4G on the iPhone. Nobody seems to really have an idea.

If I got one it would be the ATT-Mobile version, whatever that is gonna be.

It seems like all the '4G' phones to date regardless of whether they are HSPA+ or LTE have had awful (or at least substandard) battery life. That seems like it would be a big risk for Apple unless they have somehow figured that one out.

HPSA+ would probably be enough of a carrot for me to go iPhone 5.

Bumping this thread on the announcement that Verizon is launching LTE in the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) on July 21st, so those of you in the area thinking of buying an LTE Droid will actually be able to take advantage of it.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/techjunkie/date-set-for-verizons-lte-in-the-triangle

Bad news, though, is Engadget and BGR reported yesterday that tiered pricing is also going live in July. Same pricing will apply for 3G and 4G data, rumored to be $30 for 2GB of data monthly. If you're in the market for a phone, NOW is the time. Unless you're waiting for iPhone 5 or the Bionic, jump on the Charge or the Thunderbolt and take advantage of the soon to be extinct unlimited data.

im grabbing my new one (thunderbolt) next week, before july 1. I should be ok as far as data plans go, right?

I was discussing this very thing on the Chat Thread.

If my wife and I have a "family" plan with Verizon, can we get data for both right now for $30/month unlimited, or is it $30/phone/month?

I was discussing this very thing on the Chat Thread.

If my wife and I have a "family" plan with Verizon, can we get data for both right now for $30/month unlimited, or is it $30/phone/month?

30 per phone per month

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

You can't change the amount you pay for data per phone, but I do think they did change the amount per line on a family plan a while back. Nothing significant, but maybe worth looking in to.

Verizon killed early upgrade, right? I'm not due for upgrade until January, but I'd REALLY like to pay a fee to re-up right now before the tiered pricing comes in.

Liking my Charge so far. Battery life definitely is an issue, however - not as bad (so I'm told) as the Thunderbolt, but not great. 4G is lightning fast.

Verizon killed early upgrade, right? I'm not due for upgrade until January, but I'd REALLY like to pay a fee to re-up right now before the tiered pricing comes in.

You can change your plan without changing your phone. It might suck to do that depending on what phone you have now, but it would at least get you in on unlimited data.

i'm getting a 4G LG Revolution today for a test run....will update you all on any thoughts as I use it, but I'm excited for 4G!

The first Nokia running WP7 has been "leaked" by Nokia's CEO.

nokia-sea-ray-running-windows-phone-mango-front-on.jpg

nokia-sea-ray-backside-1-1308831712.jpg

nokia-sea-ray-side-view-1308831642.jpg

i'm getting a 4G LG Revolution today for a test run....will update you all on any thoughts as I use it, but I'm excited for 4G!

I bought myself one of those last night. So far, so good, but I don't have 4G in my area.

I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time using it yet, so I'm looking forward to taking some time and just messing around. I haven't gotten any phone calls yet.

I bought myself one of those last night. So far, so good, but I don't have 4G in my area.

I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time using it yet, so I'm looking forward to taking some time and just messing around. I haven't gotten any phone calls yet.

Somebody call RTQ.

I just caught the last page of this thread and somewhat confused. Will all Verizon 3G data plans be taken off unlimited data usage per month and moved to tier pricing?

I just caught the last page of this thread and somewhat confused. Will all Verizon 3G data plans be taken off unlimited data usage per month and moved to tier pricing?

For new contracts, yes. All 3G and 4G data will be tiered. If you have unlimited now, you will be able to keep your plan.

Liking my Charge so far. Battery life definitely is an issue, however - not as bad (so I'm told) as the Thunderbolt, but not great. 4G is lightning fast.

If you have not already done so, connect to your home and office wi-fi. Your battery life will improve dramatically.

Back