• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Danny Manning Era - Day 1

I think Coach is really going to help Devin. Disco mentioned Devin lighting up when Manning was mentioned to him. That seemed to come across in that video as well.

This is probably the one thing i'm most looking forward to for next season, watching the development of (who we consider) our big men

I think Coach is really going to help Devin. Disco mentioned Devin lighting up when Manning was mentioned to him. That seemed to come across in that video as well.

May have been the angle but Devin looked considerably shorter than Coach Manning.

after the... spectacle... that was the coaching search (and thread) and the hire of manning i was really fatigued. i have not really spent much time reading the threads here. this was the first one i actually was interested in reading. the video got me really excited for the first time in a while.

Hopefully Haas is lamenting his last minute decision to go to The Big Whatever Number It Is.

Hopefully Haas is lamenting his last minute decision to go to The Big Whatever Number It Is.

Yeah, at the time, hard to fault the kid for going anywhere other than WFU, but certainly not a good decision in retrospect.

I'm not nearly as worried anymore...and that is a huge positive.

The fact that I feel optimism is a welcome change from the last 4 years.

Last edited:
I get the feeling he's going to be here for quite a while. One thing he does sort of intrigues me. He's pretty soft spoken and when he's talking sometimes he stops and it almost feels like he's not sure what to say..then he says the perfect thing. It sort of builds confidence in him. Dude is a class act. I can see why everyone likes him so much.

Haas never should have signed any LOI in the fall. Decommiting from Wake was a good move for him at the time, but I bet he would like to have some options in the spring signing period now that all the chips have fallen. When my sons are high major div1 prospects, we ain't signing no LOI in the fall that is for sure.

I am excited again. However, someone needs to tell him the short lapel look does not work when you are 6'10.

Because of this board, I never see this name without reading it, "Oh Danny Boy."

Thanks, guys.

So at the end of the video.......... is it just me or does it look like Bz just left a bunch of shit in that office?

I hope it's Manning's stuff, the AD could have least cleaned it out for D. Manning first

WF Basketball and Football is now the Era of Dan and Dave. Let's hope they are far more successful than that previous marketing campaign with Olympic athletes of the same name.

That would be just like [Redacted] to leave behind his yoga mat and a bunch of tofu bars cluttering up the office.

I'm crushing on some DManning after watching that video.

Was kind of hoping the end scene would be the janitor scraping "Bz" off the coach's door.

First time I have heard CDM speak. Sounds like a winner, baby. Love it. Also, I'm a huge fan of the behind the scenes stuff. Deacs marketing department is stepping up and starting to look like a big time program

WF Basketball and Football is now the Era of Dan and Dave. Let's hope they are far more successful than that previous marketing campaign with Olympic athletes of the same name.

Whoa.

Back