• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Danny Manning Era - Day 1

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
It was posted on the WF Sports FB page yesterday, but for those who haven't seen it, here ya go.

We want to cut down nets. I want to cut down nets. I want you to cut down nets.

Yesssssssss

I love how Ovaltine brushes past Manning when he's trying to talk to him like "Nah, I'm too cool for this this introduction stuff."

Got in the whip this morning (alrighgt, so my mom'a accord #gangsta) and the first words I heard on 620 the Buzz: "We want to cut down nets."

Boom. Great way to start the day.

He is a little reserved, which people may have thought that was too much like [Redacted], but [Redacted] wasn't reserved, he was awkward and a dickhead. Not great qualities for a loser.

Danny Manning will win a natty at Wake.

At least we found a damn jet this time around and good to see [Redacted] didn't ransack his former office.

Last edited:
Good stuff!! Really liked how he addressed his team for the first time. Seemed sincere, passionate and earnest without coming across as too stern!!

Go get 'em Coach D!!

Good stuff!! Really liked how he addressed his team for the first time. Seemed sincere, passionate and earnest without coming across as too stern!!

Go get 'em Coach D!!

It wasn't creepy. No rubbing of players' backs. No culture crap. No imaginary piano. And, he made it clear he's at Wake to "cut down nets".

Like most people around here, I like what I've seen so far of Danny Manning. But those folded arms while he was talking to the team are far too defensive. OTOH maybe he was just trying to emphsize with that gesture that we are going to be a defense first team. ;)

He actually seems like a coach we can get behind. I did not like the way the players responded to him, but I don't think that is his fault. If they were willing to stand behind [name redacted], I'm sure they can stand behind this guy. As long as he does what he said in this video and keeps is mission statement/ goal of cutting down nets, I think we are in good shape.

That video made me feel it again for the first time in a long time .Go Danny !

I think most of the players are intimidated by a coach who is bigger than they are, and more than likely can still perform on the court as well as they can. With Buzz you had a wormy little guy who could only tell you how to do the things that he knows from a clipboard, the players know they have to #Manup or they will be sitting next to him on the bench.

He actually seems like a coach we can get behind. I did not like the way the players responded to him, but I don't think that is his fault. If they were willing to stand behind [name redacted], I'm sure they can stand behind this guy. As long as he does what he said in this video and keeps is mission statement/ goal of cutting down nets, I think we are in good shape.

WF sports marketing has been putting out some good content recently. Although the worse your brand becomes, the better your marketing needs to be, amirite????

Definitely getting more and more excited as the days go by

With Buzz you had a wormy little guy who could only tell you how to do the things that he knows from a clipboard

Doesn't that basically describe some of the most successful college basketball coaches though? Buzz's problem wasn't that he was wormy...it's that he sucked.

I think Coach is really going to help Devin. Disco mentioned Devin lighting up when Manning was mentioned to him. That seemed to come across in that video as well.

Back