• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning on Gottlieb show today

Quepo

Reaction score
Anyone else catch it? Gottlieb focused interview more on the circumstances around his decision as well as his stance on one and dones. Was interesting to hear coach flat out comment on how long it would be before getting his own players in given our scolly situation. Also I hadn't realized the news leaked before he was ready....hence the late night text to his players.

On recruiting,would be class of 2016 before his guys are on board. Will do best to get current team to buy into his philosophy between now and then.

Looking forward to competing against best teams in ACC repeatedly mentioned the 4 HOF coaches. Believes 2 yr commitment for all players is prob best approach to one and done situation.

Anyone else catch it? Gottlieb focused interview more on the circumstances around his decision as well as his stance on one and dones. Was interesting to hear coach flat out comment on how long it would be before getting his own players in given our scolly situation. Also I hadn't realized the news leaked before he was ready....hence the late night text to his players.

What does this mean? That Wellman leaked Manning?

Was news to me as well...definitely was implied. That's why I was hoping others caught it to see if they heard the same thing I did

On recruiting,would be class of 2016 before his guys are on board. Will do best to get current team to buy into his philosophy between now and then.

Looking forward to competing against best teams in ACC repeatedly mentioned the 4 HOF coaches. Believes 2 yr commitment for all players is prob best approach to one and done situation.

I wonder how the "eight man class is awesome or you're a bad fan" brigade on here feels about our head coach implicitly calling that perspective out as full of shit.

Can someone remind me how we got into the situation with that large of a class in the first place? Random chance, a [Redacted] masterstroke, or some combination of both?

Can someone remind me how we got into the situation with that large of a class in the first place? Random chance, a [name redacted] masterstroke, or some combination of both?

Bz came in. Players hated him. Players left. Bz offered scholarships to players that felt like God french kissed them and blessed them an ACC scholarship offer. Players accepted because they aren't dumb. Wake is in scholarship purgatory for a couple years.

The end.

I guess the board is still getting over the fatigue from the coaching search. Looks like Coach Manning did national radio and we've barely discussed it.

Bz came in. Players hated him. Players left. Bz offered scholarships to players that felt like God french kissed them and blessed them an ACC scholarship offer. Players accepted because they aren't dumb. Wake is in scholarship purgatory for a couple years.

The end.

This is pretty much it. When you have a coach that uses seven scholarships on the same recruiting class, then you most likely have a coach that doesn't know what he is doing.

You're really screwed when these are the next-best offers that some of the players in the 8-man class received:

Madison - Charlotte, East Carolina, Georgia Southern, UNC Asheville, UNC Wilmington, Richmond, Seton Hall, Tulsa
Rountree - Colorado, Elon, UNC Wilmington
Andre - James Madison, Liberty

Bz fucked us really good.

You're really screwed when these are the next-best offers that some of the players in the 8-man class received:

Madison - Charlotte, East Carolina, Georgia Southern, UNC Asheville, UNC Wilmington, Richmond, Seton Hall, Tulsa
Rountree - Colorado, Elon, UNC Wilmington
Andre - James Madison, Liberty

Bz fucked us really good.

Say what? Buzz coached them up, just like Ron said he would do. They must be attracting high major attention by now.

Say what? Buzz coached them up, just like Ron said he would do. They must be attracting high major attention by now.

Only if those whose attention they are attracting are really high.

I wonder how the "eight man class is awesome or you're a bad fan" brigade on here feels about our head coach implicitly calling that perspective out as full of shit.

8 man classes are never a good thing, period.

We have had a big class problem for a long time. We had a 6 man class under Skip in 2006: Gurley, Skeen, Crawford, Ish, LD, McFarland.....which followed the Swinton, Weaver, Hale, Dukes class in 2005....10 scholarships in 2 years. When you combine that with the guys leaving early who were in the classes in between, it created a mess.

I guess the board is still getting over the fatigue from the coaching search. Looks like Coach Manning did national radio and we've barely discussed it.

i am right here. after watching the video with him the other day i was pretty optimistic and excited for the first time. that wore off a little and i am still fatigued. i suppose the good news is it will likely be awhile before there is much actual new associated with the program. all the current players will be here this year and we won't likely take a commitment until next spring at the very earliest (unless a one and done post grad shows up).

i suspect by the time summer ends i will be more interested in reading most of the threads. i spend so much less time around here than i did previously.

Odom had 10 scholarships in 2 years with the 1998 and 1999 classes (O'Kelley class and Songaila class). It's a product of transfers which is a persistent problem for us.

Back