• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart to Tennessee???

These are the same fans who think Gruden is coming.

I think Shaka will end up at UNC or Florida. Whichever one opens up first.

I think Shaka will end up at UNC or Florida. Whichever one opens up first.

I don't give a shit where he ends up anymore.

For some reason though, I'm really entertained by this UT debacle. Some of the things people were worried about or fan base being perceived as are strong with these folks. I worked with a guy who went to UT law and he was actually convinced Gruden was coming to Knoxville. He was a really sad drunk idiot.
The only other UT dude I've ever known was kid from law school who was a chubby preppy kid with a real bad attitude and was always looking for a drunk fight…..One look at this kid and you could tell he had never been in a fight a day in his life. I am still amazed he got out of WS without some local kicking his teeth in.

3 basketball coaches since 2011. 4 football coaches since 2008.(the only winning season was 7-6 by shithead lane kiffin). 2 Ad's in 3 years. The ball coach they long for never won shit and got them in a bunch of NCAA sanctions.

I can't stand Wellman, but no coach will ever be able to say that the guy won't get your back after he stood by bzztanic and still protected the guy after he left. There AD, their 2nd one in 4 years, refused to give Martin any vote of confidence and alumni refused to allow him to use their private planes to recruit.

Ron trashing Dino more than negates his sticking by Buzz. I think the real issue for us fans is not who UT will find to replace Martin, but whether Ron made a stab at Martin.

Ron trashing Dino more than negates his sticking by Buzz. I think the real issue for us fans is not who UT will find to replace Martin, but whether Ron made a stab at Martin.

Exactly.

Oh goodness, not baseball analogies again

Vol Nation site said:
This is why, in my opinion, the pressure is now squarely on Dave Hart to NOT go hire a no name, but to show everyone UT isn't a laughing stock, and we are to be taken seriously. No more clearance shelf buys, and bargain coaches. Bases are loaded, 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, Hart's up to bat...

Not surprised this is going down. Was Told a few days back by a local AAU coach that Martin had both feet out the door for Marquette but was scared off by their AD/president situation.. He felt like Martin was tired of the UT BS. Then a few days later he's bolting for Cal. UT has money and rabid fans, but they will struggle to get a decent coach there. A real shit show.

Piss on Shaka...I've heard enough rumors about this dude. Everyone wants to act like he is waiting on a major school to offer, but truth is he is seems very happy where he is. I'm happy we got Manning, please, can we move the Fuck on from Shaka...

Well how would we know since a (current day) major school hasn't offered him yet?

Not surprised this is going down. Was Told a few days back by a local AAU coach that Martin had both feet out the door for Marquette but was scared off by their AD/president situation.. He felt like Martin was tired of the UT BS. Then a few days later he's bolting for Cal. UT has money and rabid fans, but they will struggle to get a decent coach there. A real shit show.

UT is also the only real fan favorite in the state. It would be the equivalent of State and UNC combined

UT has rabid fans, but their athletic budget is a shit show. If you think Wake's Athletic Department is fucked up, you should take a look at some of the shit going on at Tenn. Here is a sample article about it. Whether the fans like it or not, they are probably going to get a clearance shelf coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...t-debt-200-million-sec-derek-dooley-dave-hart

UT has rabid fans, but their athletic budget is a shit show. If you think Wake's Athletic Department is fucked up, you should take a look at some of the shit going on at Tenn. Here is a sample article about it. Whether the fans like it or not, they are probably going to get a clearance shelf coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...t-debt-200-million-sec-derek-dooley-dave-hart

I hear that schools should be paying players with more than full-ride scholarships since they're awash in money. It's impossible Tennessee can be in debt. Just impossible.

With Pat Summitt now retired, the men's BB coach at UT stands a chance at being the second most popular coach on campus. Whether he can ever get to number one is problematic (barring a return by Derek Dooley).

$130m for Neyland Stadium, $7m to Dooley and his assistants, $7m/year kick-back to the university from the Athletic Department...shit adds up quick.

Allegedly Marshall is their top target. They are apparently willing to offer $3M/year. What's curious about this is he applied twice before for this job and was turned down. I wonder if his will get in the way.

The SEC is basically the Snow Whites (KY and FL) and the rest are dwarfs.

I have two words to say about the UT athletic department - Lane Kiffin.

Back