• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart to Tennessee???

Two names coming from Goodman for Tennessee, Richard Pitino and Donnie Tyndall.

Also:

Last edited:
I hear that schools should be paying players with more than full-ride scholarships since they're awash in money. It's impossible Tennessee can be in debt. Just impossible.

They're in debt because of facilities and coaches. Schools can afford to overspend on coaches and facilities because they don't have to spend on players.

They're in debt because of facilities and coaches. Schools can afford to overspend on coaches and facilities because they don't have to spend on players.

Nevermind the vast majority of schools with shitty facilities and mediocre coaches who still run in the red. But you do realize the cyclical problem here, right?

Shaka Smart or Greg Marshall to Tennessee or Mizzou?

Smart to Tennessee and Marshall to Mizzou make sense IF they have the cash.

Marshall to Mizzou (or Tennessee) seems the more likely move to me as opposed to Smart leaving VCU. Despite his success, Marshall's reputation as an arrogant a-hole is a more likely impediment to getting job better than Mizzou right now; also, Wichita State loses a lot of talent this off-season; this may be his high-water mark. Smart going to TN would likely take Kentucky and Florida out of play as future destinations for Smart.

Smart to Tennessee and Marshall to Mizzou make sense IF they have the cash.

I don't see UT as a desirable job for Smart. Football school, and a complete rebuilding project starting next year.

I don't see UT as a desirable job for Smart. Football school, and a complete rebuilding project starting next year.

True, but they may be tired of all this coach hiring mess and just throw out some wild money. Who knows but they have it coming in and they have the 24,000 seat arena to keep filling. So maybe he wants to take on KY & FL and whip them? One of these days, unless Richmond is just total bliss, and being from near the area it is a great city with nice amenities nearby, just like Winston-Salem has, he may want a bigger challenge. Shaka got a little heat this year when they didn't win the A-10 & blew that gmae in the NCAA. He is no longer the hunter at the 12 seed. He is the hunted at the 5 seed. Expectations..........

Shaka's daughter is 2 and a half. Until she's old enough to have a BFF, he ain't going anywhere.

True, but they may be tired of all this coach hiring mess and just throw out some wild money. Who knows but they have it coming in and they have the 24,000 seat arena to keep filling. So maybe he wants to take on KY & FL and whip them? One of these days, unless Richmond is just total bliss, and being from near the area it is a great city with nice amenities nearby, just like Winston-Salem has, he may want a bigger challenge. Shaka got a little heat this year when they didn't win the A-10 & blew that gmae in the NCAA. He is no longer the hunter at the 12 seed. He is the hunted at the 5 seed. Expectations..........

I thought I just read an article on how the Tennessee Athletic Dept is in bad shape financially.

Hard to believe we're still speculating about Shaka, as though anybody knows what in the world he really wants.

Hard to believe we're still speculating about Shaka, as though anybody knows what in the world he really wants.

About the only thing we know is that he doesn't want to be in Winston Salem. :(

Those #psf mouthbreathers don't deserve MIKE WHITE

Hard to believe Tennessee fans would be thrilled about another legacy hire from LA Tech

[Wake Forest] is a dream job for Shaka. It's everything he has wanted for years. It's small, quality education, a community that he and his family can be a part of and top bball.

Back