• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart to Tennessee???

Kansas lost in the 2nd round this year to a 10 seed and many mock drafts are predicting two Kansas players to go 1/2. I guess Bill Self isn't an average coach.

Kansas lost in the 2nd round this year to a 10 seed and many mock drafts are predicting two Kansas players to go 1/2. I guess Bill Self isn't an average coach.

Bill Self is an excellent coach that has won before. Having said that, he coached an absolutely awful tournament game. He had no answer for Stanford's zone and should have been flashing Wiggins to the ft line extended area and had him facilitating but didn't. That ultimately cost them the game. And I bet you that Bill Self would agree that he coached a terrible game.

Keep in mind that Kansas played without Embiid in the tourney. So Self had one future pro at his disposal.

Keep in mind that Kansas played without Embiid in the tourney. So Self had one future pro at his disposal.

Perry Ellis and Wayne Selden will both likely end up in the league. Selden will be a lottery pick next year most likely.

Based on the results of all the coaching searches this spring, it seems to me that Smart, White, Miller, and Marshall were never really at play in the market. Makes me feel much better about Manning as the hire.

And Howland still can't sniff a job.

Yup. We had enough people telling us we exhausted our top options and we should be thankful DM took the job because the next on the list was definitely someone "worse" than Manning. I would guess Manning would have been in play for TN if we didn't hire him.

It wasn't just that Cleveland State destroyed us - it was that they were a hugely popular upset pick on top of that.

Fans were in denial, but we were an incredibly talented, horribly flawed team that had early-exit written all over it. That's what hurt so much about that game. Wake fans are looking at our players and remembering moments like the Maryland dunk on Neal and we just couldn't believe we were a fraud.

But we were.

We've bounced between a coach who could put talent on the floor with no idea what to do with it and a coach that thought talent wasn't in the top 5 most important things for a college basketball player to have. Both failed in their own painful, awful ways.

Hopefully Manning is a combination of recruiting success and coaching chops. This year he's going to be a twisted Devin ankle away from disaster every game, so it's going to take some luck as well as good coaching to be relevant. If everyone stays healthy, we should be an NIT team.

Bill Self didn't change his starting line-up on a whim.

Bill Self didn't change his starting line-up on a whim.

tumblr_mc2vd2PjIv1rf089no1_500.gif

It wasn't just that Cleveland State destroyed us - it was that they were a hugely popular upset pick on top of that.

Fans were in denial, but we were an incredibly talented, horribly flawed team that had early-exit written all over it. That's what hurt so much about that game. Wake fans are looking at our players and remembering moments like the Maryland dunk on Neal and we just couldn't believe we were a fraud.

But we were.

We've bounced between a coach who could put talent on the floor with no idea what to do with it and a coach that thought talent wasn't in the top 5 most important things for a college basketball player to have. Both failed in their own painful, awful ways.

Hopefully Manning is a combination of recruiting success and coaching chops. This year he's going to be a twisted Devin ankle away from disaster every game, so it's going to take some luck as well as good coaching to be relevant. If everyone stays healthy, we should be an NIT team.

LOL

61-31, two trips to NCAA, ranked No. 1 for only second time in program history VS. 51-76, 2 road wins, finished seasons 12th, T-12, T-9, T-13.

I would say one is very much more painful than the other.

LOL

61-31, two trips to NCAA, ranked No. 1 for only second time in program history VS. 51-76, 2 road wins, finished seasons 12th, T-12, T-9, T-13.

Things were about to turn to shit in Dino-land and I think you know it. Either way, I know it.

tumblr_mkabvgC6i71rzpxiwo1_500.gif

LOL

What's worse? Getting your hopes up only to see your team predictably crash and burn - never winning an ACC tournament first round game, losing to Cleveland State when you had Final Four talent, getting laughed off the court by Kentucky - or being completely irrelevant? Not to mention the pain was coming after Aminu and Ish's exits no matter who was coaching. I'd take Dino over [Redacted] any day, but only to the extent that I'd also take eating dirt over eating shit if I'm forced to choose.

What's worse? Getting your hopes up only to see your team predictably crash and burn - never winning an ACC tournament first round game, losing to Cleveland State when you had Final Four talent, getting laughed off the court by Kentucky - or being completely irrelevant? Not to mention the pain was coming after Aminu and Ish's exits no matter who was coaching. I'd take Dino over [Redacted] any day, but only to the extent that I'd also take eating dirt over eating shit if I'm forced to choose.

I think you answered your own question. The Dino vs. [Redacted] years is no comparison. I'm not arguing that Dino should still be our coach, or should have ever been our coach, but the seasons under Dino were way better than eating dirt.

I think you answered your own question. The Dino vs. [name redacted] years is no comparison. I'm not arguing that Dino should still be our coach, or should have ever been our coach, but the seasons under Dino were way better than eating dirt.

We had one of the best, most satisfying runs of wins in Wake history in the middle of that Dino season. Those were great, great Wake basketball memories. I don't let what happened later shit all over that fact.

January 3* 8:00 p.m. at Brigham Young #6 Marriott Center • Provo, UT The Mountain W 94–87 13–0
January 11 8:00 p.m. #3 North Carolina #4 LJVM Coliseum • Winston-Salem, NC FSN W 92–89 14–0 (1–0)
January 14 9:00 p.m. at Boston College #2 Conte Forum • Chestnut Hill, MA Raycom W 83–63 15–0 (2–0)
January 17 9:00 p.m. at #10 Clemson #2 Littlejohn Coliseum • Clemson, SC ABC W 78–68 16–0 (3–0)
January 21 7:00 p.m. Virginia Tech #1 LJVM Coliseum • Winston-Salem, NC ESPN2 L 78–71 16–1 (3–1)
January 28 7:00 p.m. #1 Duke #6 LJVM Coliseum • Winston-Salem, NC ESPN W 70–68 17–1 (4–1)

Last edited:
since I have daughters I have heard this song more times than I have heard stairway to heaven

I have two young boys and we went and saw frozen and all enjoyed it. For a few days they talked about the snowman, but not once have they sang a song from it. #boysrule

Back