• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fargo: Season 4 on Sundays

I just finished binge watching this. Like any good binge, the end of one episode just left me thinking I had to immediately watch the next one. Great series that lived up to the hype. Among the main actors, Billy Bob was my least favorite but he did kill it (not a pun).

I just wonder who can carry a show better, Colin Hanks or Suri Cruise?

Why was Gus being given a citation for bravery instead of an arrest warrant for murder?

Relatedly, I really liked how they handled that, because it's a "happy" ending in that the bad guy is dead and Gus is arguably redeemed, but under the surface troubling given the questionableness of Gus, a civilian, killing an unarmed man and the fact that it sort of disposes of any innocence he had. Malvo enjoyed toying with people and seeing if he could cause their civility to break down, and in a way that's sort of what he did with Gus.

Would LOVE a second season exploring the 1979 Sioux Falls business with Lou Solverson, but I'm fine if it doesn't come back immediately next year, but instead they need some more time. I mean, they're basically having to create an entire new goddamn TV show.

I think about it like this. Malvo was a known cop killer. Relating this to real life, do you remember when that guy was on the loose after shooting the cops in California? I'm willing to bet if a civilian pulled the trigger that day (rather than the house fire), charges would not have been filed against that civilian. I've been wrong before though.

Hell, Gus was an ex cop. He put Malvo's pistol next to the body and claimed he pointed it towards him.

End of investigation.

Nice, tidy ending. My wife was happy about Lester "because now they can film another season of Sherlock."

What was the wolf image about?

Sweeeet:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/fargo-season-2-renewal-press-tour-live-blog

Hawley isn't going to write all the episodes this time around. He mentions the four writers who helped break the story the first time around. He expects to write five or six scripts, though. He says that all of the references to Sioux Falls weren't accidentally. The season will take place in 1979. There will be stories in Fargo, Luverne and Sioux Falls.

The season will focus on a Young Lou Solversson. Hawley says he called Allison Tolman this morning and told her that unless she can play a four-year-old version of herself, she won't be in this season "which is a crime and a tragedy and you should all be very angry at us for doing that." So Lou will be a 33-year-old man recently back from Vietnam. We'll meet Molly's mom and we may learn why she wasn't in this past season.

Anyone else watching? I've been looking forward to this for a while. Pretty pumped it's finally here.

Halfway through, LOVING it. Love the movie call backs. Billy Bob's "Malvo" has to be the Devil incarnate right? He's exactly how I picture Satan in human form.

This was a great series. My favorite episode was the one with Lester's speech in Vegas. "And that's why you need to be insured."

Everyone talks about Billy Bob, but I was hoping Martin Freeman would have won the Emmy for Best Actor, not that I'm arguing against Cumberbatch. I'm going to suppose Freeman lost in no small part to splitting votes with BBT and winning supporting actor.

Incredible show. Would love for David Carradine to play himself, they could color his hair. Will miss this cast, maybe season 3 will be back to present day.

Just wish it wasn't October. They originally said summer, then September, now October.

It would have been nice to see it as a summer series. It feels like there is less good tv this summer compared to the last couple. Its still better than when it used to be all re-runs, but the last couple of summers spoiled me.

So the guy from Watchmen is supposed to be the chunky lady cop's dad (diner guy) from season one right? Also this cast is stacked, I love that the crazy ass meth apprentice from breaking bad is getting roles like this and Black Mass.

dude was in fnl dating lila before breaking bad

Back