• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fargo: Season 4 on Sundays

yuuuuuuuuuuup

and MY BOY kieran cukin. too bad he's a HE GONE.

Yes. The vibe is the same, but the story is completely different.

And yes, the main character in this story is the diner owning dad from last year. His little girl is the main cop in season 1.

MV5BOTk4OTI4MjczOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI3MTU5Mw@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
is
220px-Patrick_Wilson_May_2015.jpg

Tyra!

Also can I watch Season 2 without having scene Season 1? Isn't it a completely different story?

Like the others said, you can watch season 2 before season 1. If you haven't seen the movie, it would be helpful to watch it before you watch season 1.

Just got done watching it. So glad that it's back.

bowling alley scene in episode 1 with Ron Swanson is a great tribute/call back to The Big Lebowski.

What was the deal with the UFO? Just some random Coen weirdness? Or was it the headlights that he was misinterpreting in his post murder/coke high?

What was the deal with the UFO? Just some random Coen weirdness? Or was it the headlights that he was misinterpreting in his post murder/coke high?

It's hard to say. Season one had a couple unexplained not humanly possible moments with Malvo and it ended up working pretty well.

more allusions to aliens at the end of ep. 2. other than that it was a very solid episode.

more allusions to aliens at the end of ep. 2. other than that it was a very solid episode.

The whole alien thing is getting kinda weird. Wonder where they're going with it. Also that scene in the butchers shop was intense.

Aliens were a thing in The Man Who Wasn't There. I think it's just another homage.

Aliens were a thing in The Man Who Wasn't There. I think it's just another homage.

Correct

http://theweek.com/articles/584099/truth-there-ufos-aliens-fxs-fargo-explained

"Fargo's UFO motif originates in one of the Coens' smaller, lesser-seen films: the 2001 neo-noir The Man Who Wasn't There, which happens to star Fargo season 1 alum Billy Bob Thornton. There, as here, the UFO lingers on the periphery of the story: first as a strange anecdote told by a grieving widow, and later as an actual UFO, witnessed by Thornton's death-row inmate in what's apparently — though not definitively — a dream sequence."

Beautiful photography this season. I'm not ready to proclaim it better than S1 (on paper I still prefer the cast for last year), but I don't care if it is, it stands on its own.

I loved the first season and thought it got better as it went along, but so far think these 1st 2 episodes have been even better. Everything about it just seems to click - writing, directing, acting, music, the tone created by the clothing, colors and political climate. Just outstanding.

Another great episode last night. Mike Milligan is such a good character.

Back