• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fargo: Season 4 on Sundays

I tolerated the aliens last year, but the entire motion detectors can't see Gloria thing is just dumb. Aliens are more believable.

yeah, i don't get that either and seems ridiculous

it was a nice cameo of a previous actor in the last episode

i do like that they are using some artistic licence in this season also

Last edited:
I am not entirely sure how I feel about this season. The best way I can describe this season is "forgettable." The story line was decent but at no point did I feel fully involved. None of the characters moved me or made me feel any type of sympathy, hatred or fondness. Don't get me wrong, I thought Varga and the rest of his crew were terrible people, but I just felt as though they were not as despicable or interesting as characters in the previous seasons. It was, as always, perfectly shot and the cinematography was great... but the storytelling and character development felt off on this one.

Will remember Varga and Nikki Swango, the excellent robot episode in LA, the Peter and the Wolf bit, the crazy scene in the bowling alley with Ray Wise, and the animal mask truck attack, but I agree that overall the season was bit of a letdown and I didn't have much emotional investment in Gloria Burgle or the Stussy Bros.

Wonder if Noah Hawley is getting stretched too thin. I have like 6 eps on the DVR and am in no rush to watch. Maybe after I finish House of Cards.

it was an interesting season of Fargo. I think Ewan was the wrong choice and he brought the show down some, but didn't ruin it this season. Varga was by far the best part of the season, but overall a distant third place of the previous two seasons. maybe my expectations are too high?

Just finished watching season 3... Wife and I blew through it in about a week. Had watched seasons 1 & 2 back to back in the middle of 2017, so we waited a bit to watch season 3.

Had low expectations because I had heard it was the weakest of the 3... Thought it was still very good. It kind of went off the rails a bit the last few episodes. I really enjoyed the scene in the bowling alley (though it definitely got a bit weird), but everything after that was a little odd. Agree that aside from Burgle, there really aren't any redeeming characters. They are all kind of terrible people. Would have liked a tidier ending over the last 2 episodes... Not necessarily changing anything that happened, just how it was presented.

I really enjoyed all 3 seasons... Each was a little different, but all were stories that held my interest.

S4 to star Chris Rock

Specifically, he can’t wait to head up one of two warring Kansas City crime families—one black, the other Italian—in 1950. As you may remember, the Kansas City Mafia played a major role in the show’s second and best season, the primary antagonists to the Gerhardt family and employers of Fargo all-star Mike Milligan. Here, the underworld that mafia runs will be thrown into disarray when their leader unexpectedly dies during a routine surgery, complicating a peace previously brokered in an exchange of eldest sons, which leaves Rock’s character raising his enemy’s kid as his own. This will surely involve a lot of elongated vowel sounds as well.

https://news.avclub.com/fargo-s-fou...6.1351960710.1532952884-1143207265.1527802698

I assume I don’t have to watch the first three seasons to watch the fourth since it’s an anthology show, right?

I assume I don’t have to watch the first three seasons to watch the fourth since it’s an anthology show, right?

I believe most would agree that season one was the best. Up to you if you want to see the best first or save it for last.

I have not seen the first season. However, I thought most considered season two to be the best. Obviously I can't compare.

I have not seen the first season. However, I thought most considered season two to be the best. Obviously I can't compare.

Both 1 and 2 were excellent, getting really high marks from reviewers and viewers.

You can watch seasons 1 and 2 in whichever order you want. I'm honestly not sure which would be better, since 2 takes place before 1, and both have easter eggs that reference each other. But neither is dependent on the other. I personally liked season 2 better than season 1, but both are great. I will say, if you didn't like the movie you probably will not like the show. They're very similar in style.

Back