• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fargo: Season 4 on Sundays

Watched it last night and loved it. Fuckin' Billy Bob Thorton....that creep can roll, man.

Can I watch/understand the show without having seen the movie? Not looking to be talked into the movie, there are good points above already, just curious if the show can stand alone in the meantime.

why not just watch the movie? its the length of 2 eps, and i'd be shocked if the show is as good.

"Can't say I agree with ya 100 percent on your policework there, Lou."

See the movie and thank us later.

why not just watch the movie? its the length of 2 eps, and i'd be shocked if the show is as good.

The show and movie have nothing to do with each other. Just the settings and regional characteristics. Other than that, there's nothing in common between the two.

Second episode was great and truly Coen Brothers quirky. I'm still trying to figure out why the ransom note's sum, $43,613, has Lester's house number in it- 613. Coen Bros randomness, I'm sure. Enjoyed the nods to Coen movies too- "you missed a spot" from Raising Arizona and the whole trainer/gym backdrop from Burn After Reading. I'm sure there's more. Pharmacist mentions "unguent" which is from Fargo but that may be a often-used term regionally. Teaser for next week looks like Lester's gonna get some strange and Malvo takes over the ransom situation.

Malvo listening to the meathead's threats, then taking a dump in front of him was a pretty classic power move.

Malvo listening to the meathead's threats, then taking a dump in front of him was a pretty classic power move.

Had to love his move of leaving the front door open. Malvo still don't care. Straight honeybadger move. The show has classic Coen Brothers Black Humor. It's fantastic.

Loving the first two episodes. Billy Bob is just fantastic.

What the hell was with the pigs' blood? How did he get it into the house's water supply? Typically Coenesque- out of left field and shockingly amusing.

when Lester tasered the mobster while the deaf guy was drilling the hole was hilarious.

I'm digging the easter egg references to other Coen efforts sprinkled throughout. Loved the scene where Milos find Carl's red ice scraper. I commented to the wife that the fence looked just like the one from the movie. Wasn't expected that tie-in but it was great.

And if anyone has ever been around deaf people arguing, it can startle the hell out of you. The scenes in Lou's and then the bar were hilarious. You could almost hear Lester shit his pants when they came into the cell. So far, this show is awesome.

Back