• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fargo: Season 4 on Sundays

Fargo (FX Series, Tuesdays at 10)

a couple episodes ago the sick daughter/wife went into her dads room (the cheers sheriff) and he had alien type paraphanelia everywhere. So he's an alien or studying with the aliens. Don't see why they need that angle in an otherwise solid show, makes it hokey and lame.

cause this is a story as told. of course an alien spaceship arrives at just the right time, especially if someone like Peggy is the one telling the story back.

My dvr cut off after Lou left Hank and was heading out of the motel lot. Did anything else happen?

My dvr cut off after Lou left Hank and was heading out of the motel lot. Did anything else happen?

Mike Milligan showed up, looked at the scene from five feet outside the car and left. Cops showed up right after that.

i just watched it last night. great episode of course. however, i am still trying to wrap my head around the flying saucer. clearly they have hinted at that with the lights and sam malone with the ufo stuff in his office. my initial reaction was "this is dumb." then i thought, "they laid the groundwork and as wacky as it is (in a show with some dark wackiness) why does it matter what silly/fun?/ridiculous plot device they used to save lou, peggy and ed? besides peggy is fully (alien?) actualized. guess i'll need to read some of the reviews.

Last edited:
eh, it was the 70's. Close Encounters and all that. I guess the UFO got Peggy in this mess, so perhaps they were intervening to help her out. But if you want to call Deus Ex Machina (literally), you are not wrong. But as you alluded to, the show is good enough to withstand this weakness.

It's a Coen brothers conceit, all a part of the storytelling - you just have to live with the mystery/unknowable. The "This is a true story" opening, especially how it has been woven in with different narrators and opening sequences (War of the Worlds, Reagan film) - it's part of framing the storytelling. The episode was filled with "some people say X happened" from the narrator.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a40439/kirsten-dunst-fargo-finale/

"We filmed a scene that was cut out with Peg and her fiancé, which wasn't Ed. They go into the butcher shop and he's going to Vietnam. And he says to Ed, "If anything happens to me take care of her." So there was this back history that we didn't really show: that Peggy had a fiancé that died in the war. You could tell from the beginning that she is someone who is pushing down a lot of stuff. I think this just opens up her."

Fargo (FX Series, Tuesdays at 10)

Monday morn QB. Uh maybe don cut out major crap holmes and ditch the lame aliens

Back