• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Only 82 grid players at present ?

HONDO2

Reaction score
Don't know how many are on full schollies or how many are walk-ons. Also don't know who's out rehabbing/injured this Spring. Seems more like a I-AA roster right now with maybe 70-75 guys actually practicing.

Just noticed that Rfr. NG Andrew Hauser is off the roster. AIR, he was a late signee/not highly recruited from California who's main intrigue was his strength on a roughly 6'2' 265lb. frame. If young Looney is leaving that's another warm body missing from what already was a very thin area.

YIKES !

Yes, transferring to a smaller school in FL.

Crap, I figured him to see alot of time on the d-line this year. I guess with his brother playing for Grobe and staff, he probably had closer ties to them than most of the other players.

With 22 new guys coming in this August, the depth will fill out. It's more important now that the players we have play better and stay healthy.

Crap, I figured him to see alot of time on the d-line this year. I guess with his brother playing for Grobe and staff, he probably had closer ties to them than most of the other players.

May be the new dline coach who I heard is dropping f bombs left and right. Grobe really emphasized the Christian nature of his staff. Maybe the Looneys are much more comfortable with that kind of coaching.

May be the new dline coach who I heard is dropping f bombs left and right. Grobe really emphasized the Christian nature of his staff. Maybe the Looneys are much more comfortable with that kind of coaching.

doesn't Joe play for Jim Harbaugh?

and just because you're Christian don't mean you don't curse. hell, I played Cards Against Humanity recently with a bunch of Princeton Divinity grads who are all now ministers and it was the dirtiest CAH I'd played yet.

doesn't Joe play for Jim Harbaugh?

and just because you're Christian don't mean you don't curse. hell, I played Cards Against Humanity recently with a bunch of Princeton Divinity grads who are all now ministers and it was the dirtiest CAH I'd played yet.

Joe doesn't have a choice in the pros. I love Clawson and most of his staff, just not so sure about the dline coach.

Maybe it's a matter of grades, not discontent. The 2nd,3rd and 4th semesters are the most likely to have a transfer for grades because of a bad start that the player can't dig himself out of.

Joe doesn't have a choice in the pros. I love Clawson and most of his staff, just not so sure about the dline coach.

If the d line coach is offending some delicate softies then I am for him.

seriously

if you can't take bad words, maybe D1 college football isn't for you

Which reminds me of a story. I taught English in Japan 20 years ago with a guy who went to Elon and played on the O-line. He started. White guy. He had serious tourets syndrome and he was almost constantly saying, "fucking n___er" over and over. He said each time Elon played the D-line would just almost go apeshit to kill him which just made his tourets worse. One of the nicest guys I ever met though. So if you ever meet a Japanese person, probably about 40, and they constantly say these two words, they were probably taught by my friend.

Dude was so big. Lived with an elderly widow for a while. One night he went to take a shit in her tiny bathroom and it was so small he lost his balance after dropping trough and fell through her onion paper sliding door into the hallway. Add the touretic tick and it's just an exquisite story.

Grobe and Staff were kindler and gentler. Saying that as PC as I can. More of a nurturing environment that appealed to Little Looney. Things have gotten a bit more intense under Claws & Co.

Grobe and Staff were kindler and gentler. Saying that as PC as I can. More of a nurturing environment that appealed to Little Looney. Things have gotten a bit more intense under Claws & Co.

You mean like coaching as if they plan to actually compete and win some games? Oh, the horror!

The DL coach, Dave Cohen, was the one accused of bullying by a former player at Rutgers. Coach Clawson knew what he was getting by bringing Cohen in.

Well, I hate we're losing Looney, but I mean I can understand a kid committing to a program he's been around for 5 years because of his brother and then when there's a coaching coach, deciding to leave. I'm sure he had developed closer relationships with the former staff than just about any of the younger players on the team. I like what Clausen is doing and I think we sorely needed a new intensity and tone around the program, but there was bound to be some player losses because of the coaching change.

I'm sorry Looney is leaving, but I would be significantly more concerned if he was leaving and going to West Virginia, Minnesota, or some other BCS school from his original offer list. If he is going to a FCS school, then that leads to a sad conclusion that maybe he just wasn't going to be good enough.

I'm sorry Looney is leaving, but I would be significantly more concerned if he was leaving and going to West Virginia, Minnesota, or some other BCS school from his original offer list. If he is going to a FCS school, then that leads to a sad conclusion that maybe he just wasn't going to be good enough.

Yeah, you just hate to hear that the guy that was the backup to your All-ACC noseguard that graduated last year is leaving. Any word on what Clawson is doing with Tyler Harris? D-tackle or D-end???

Yeah, you just hate to hear that the guy that was the backup to your All-ACC noseguard that graduated last year is leaving. Any word on what Clawson is doing with Tyler Harris? D-tackle or D-end???

In the last scrimmage I thought I saw him at DT, but he looked to be behind Josh Banks and Jonathan Garcia on the depth chart.

Which reminds me of a story. I taught English in Japan 20 years ago with a guy who went to Elon and played on the O-line. He started. White guy. He had serious tourets syndrome and he was almost constantly saying, "fucking n___er" over and over. He said each time Elon played the D-line would just almost go apeshit to kill him which just made his tourets worse. One of the nicest guys I ever met though. So if you ever meet a Japanese person, probably about 40, and they constantly say these two words, they were probably taught by my friend.

Dude was so big. Lived with an elderly widow for a while. One night he went to take a shit in her tiny bathroom and it was so small he lost his balance after dropping trough and fell through her onion paper sliding door into the hallway. Add the touretic tick and it's just an exquisite story.

i needed that LOL at the end of a long day. unfortunately i need to spread some rep before I give some to le bone.

Back