• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Shabazz Napier Rule put in place by NCAA

I worked for the football team while at Wake and I can assure you that if any of those athletes went to bed hungry it was by their own choosing There was always food around on top of what their meal plan covered. Now I do know some of the guys would quickly get sick of the Aramark food (who can blame them) and wouldn't go to some of the team dinners and what not, but there was always food to be had.

Also, the NCAA sucks.

Agree with everything here. Napier's whining totally changed my opinion of him. If he went to bed hungry, he was too lazy to properly work the food perk training table. And, of course, at the same time, the NCAA does suck.

It would be interesting to hear UCONN respond to what his food options should.

Colorado just became the go to spot. Legal pot and unlimited snacks?

I talked to my wife (UCONN grad) and she said the problem was likely that the dining halls closed at 7:00 PM and there were extremely University provided dining options after that.

If the team had some kind of late work-out, there wouldn't be university food options.

I talked to my wife (UCONN grad) and she said the problem was likely that the dining halls closed at 7:00 PM and there were extremely University provided dining options after that.

If the team had some kind of late work-out, there wouldn't be university food options.

One comment to a coaching staff member and I GUARANTEE you that university dining would stay open late enough to feed them.

What kind of ridiculous bullshit is that?

I heard that when the Shabazz story broke too, and immediately thought it was bullshit. They are 4x our size, and we even had a snack pit in the late 80s prior to the Benson Center opening my sophomore year. I think the snack pit closed at 11:00.

Maybe he was talking about summer school. At Wake the pit has an all you can eat buffet, when I was there. If UCONN is alacart I could see him going to bed hungry maybe.

good point on summer school. I remember meeting the locked door several times I tried to squeak in at Wake for a late dinner. I was paying cash then for food so I just went somewhere off campus close but could see how that wasn't an option for someone who may be running late from a pickup game or workout.

NCAA president Mark Emmert on Mike & Mike just said it was a coincidence that unlimited snacks and meals rule passed a week after comments by Napier.Right

Emmert is a lying asshole

He may be a liar but I think it's plausible in this case. If you've ever worked for a large corporation you know it can take fucking forever to get something passed. I've got no doubt that Napier helped increase the urgency and but I believe him when he says it's been in the works for a while.

Back