• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Shabazz Napier Rule put in place by NCAA

KoolMoeD

Reaction score
Football Program is Saved

NCAA proposal: Athletes may receive unlimited food

Member Division I schools could provide their athletes food in addition to the meal plan covered by the student's scholarship if the plan is approved, the release said.

GREAT, now our LBs will eat their way into DTs. Maybe it's not so bad after all.

The beneficent masters at the NCAA have changed their rules about food for student-athletes. The generous people at the NCAA won't be asking Oklahoma football for $3.50 or so for having had extra pasta or going to bed hungry after working out.

They have changed the rule to allow the kids to eat as much as they want and at any time they want.

Remember this wasn't about Shabazz holding up the NCAA's bare ass to the nation.

Remember this wasn't about Northwestern trying to unionize.

The NCAA wants you to know they decided this on their own and it took a great deal of thought and negotiations to come to this decision.

Aren't we lucky they care so much about the student-athletes?

Two points on this:

1. I think most college (and high school) dudes exerting lots of energy go to bed hungry a decent amount of time. I know at that age I could never get enough food.

2. In light of #1, I see this as a huge money-maker for the athletes. If I'm a non-athlete and want some more food, the first person i'm going to go to is my athlete buddy who gets as much as he wants for free and is willing to sell it to me at half the price I would have to pay for it.

I worked for the football team while at Wake and I can assure you that if any of those athletes went to bed hungry it was by their own choosing There was always food around on top of what their meal plan covered. Now I do know some of the guys would quickly get sick of the Aramark food (who can blame them) and wouldn't go to some of the team dinners and what not, but there was always food to be had.

Also, the NCAA sucks.

I prefer to think of this as simply instating Julius Hodge's sentiments

Before this change, it was a violation to ask for extra cream cheese with your bagel.....

But at Penn State, your buddy Sandusky was permitted to blow the players more than once a day, sometimes with the assistance of JoePa and you.

But at Penn State, your buddy Sandusky was permitted to blow the players more than once a day, sometimes with the assistance of JoePa and you.

I would have gone with: Sandusky provided the Philly Cream Cheese free of charge.

I would have gone with: Sandusky provided the Philly Cream Cheese free of charge.

not sure that would have instigated a death threat though

we know philly gobbled plenty of sandusky throat yogurt over the years

I worked for the football team while at Wake and I can assure you that if any of those athletes went to bed hungry it was by their own choosing There was always food around on top of what their meal plan covered. Now I do know some of the guys would quickly get sick of the Aramark food (who can blame them) and wouldn't go to some of the team dinners and what not, but there was always food to be had.

Also, the NCAA sucks.
Yea I definitely recall at least some of the athletes had meal plans allotting them unlimited Deacon Dollars to spend at The Pit. Can remember several instances off the top of my head where football and basketball players just left their ID card at one of the registers and put everyone's food on their tab for an hour or so (I specifically remember Broderick Hicks doing that at least once, which reminds me hey thanks again B-Hicks that foot-long meatball was next level).

My roomie played football and he would just buy boxes of the hamburger patties and hot dogs from the grill station for the crib. It was pretty sick.

The only time Shabazz ever went to bed hungry was when he was high as fuck at 4 am and the 7-11 (or whatever they have in CT) down the street had already closed.

"Oklahoma athletics apparently doesn't believe in all-you-can-eat banquets.

The Sooners elected to self-report three players for getting more food at a graduation banquet than they should have, according to The Oklahoman.

The violations occurred on May 10, 2013, according to the newspaper, with pasta being the specific item in question.

To have their eligibility reinstated, the three had to donate $3.83 each (the cost of the pasta servings) to charities of their choice.

While the Sooners elected to self-report, the NCAA released a statement saying that what the three players did was not a violation of any NCAA rules.

"While we appreciate Oklahoma's commitment, there are no NCAA rules regarding portion sizes, and any penalties were determined by the university," NCAA spokeswoman Meghan Durham said in a statement.

Although the players were not identified, offensive linemen Gabe Ikard and Austin Woods took to Twitter to fess up for piling on the pasta and claim they paid $5 for the food."

riiiiiiiiiiiiight, because I believe the NCAA.

PaternoShrug.jpg

Back