• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What the fuck is Marquee Moon's problem?

Also, fwiw, I don't think it's fair to criticize his inclusion as a moderator when he has done absolutely nothing wrt to his modding powers that could draw any criticism.

fair point. what he has done wrt to his modding powers that could draw any praise?

serious question as i think most people dont know what goes on behind the scenes

I mean, the whole purpose of this board is entertainment. Moon throws his shit stirring everywhere and tries to piss people off and it's entertaining for him, but it makes the board less entertaining for the vast majority of readers.

So, whatever.

Now that's funny, coming from you. Just saying.

The honeymoon period of the new board is over, apparently. For a while, people had fun, but did so in a relatively civil manner. Now, people are being dicks just to be dicks. That's something that came over from DS and it kind of sucks.

I blame kEEPER

The honeymoon period of the new board is over, apparently. For a while, people had fun, but did so in a relatively civil manner. Now, people are being dicks just to be dicks. That's something that came over from DS and it kind of sucks.

I expected the honeymoon to last at least until our first loss next football season.

And zzzzMoon can be a pretty nice guy, but he wears the role of "agitator" like a badge of honor. I think he just sometimes doesn't know when he crosses the line from good-natured ribbing to obnoxiousness.

fair point. what he has done wrt to his modding powers that could draw any praise?

serious question as i think most people dont know what goes on behind the scenes

Well, he's most of all a good set of eyes (since he's on the boards a lot) that spots potential issues/brings them to the table for discussion. This is really the hardest part of being a mod, keeping up with all the content and watching for rules violations/spammers/trolls.

ZOMG I can't believe someone would be a dick on the internet. also for the most part i think moon is funny.

Well, he's most of all a good set of eyes (since he's on the boards a lot) that spots potential issues/brings them to the table for discussion. This is really the hardest part of being a mod, keeping up with all the content and watching for rules violations/spammers/trolls.

Does that mean he has to be a troll too?

To be fair to dv7, I think he did a lot more than Moonzzz is getting these boards started. Moon basically only posted on DS that people should come here. dv7 (I think) actually worked on getting the boards operational. I could be wrong about this, though.

Oh much, much credit is due to dv7 in this respect. Should have been clearer on this point.

It would be one thing if he was funny or creative. But you can only make so many gay anal jokes before the shine wears off that turd.

i actually think DV7 has been a pretty decent mod. He still speaks his mind but at least he doesnt go out of his way to antagonize people and troll or whatever. other mods have been pretty great though.

I have him on ignore because he gets under my skin. No problems with him or moon, though. It's easier to ignore than respond if you're annoyed.

The whole argument that mods shouldn't be judged by their posting is lame. Of course they should.

That said, Moonz is harmless. If you're going to bust on the OG, he's going to get a little testy. You know this.

Just a little PM action between zzz and I. I'll agree, I dislike him. Pretty much on all levels. The "reveal yourself" threads are the worst, because he totally looks like the kind of guy I would end up punching at a bar for being a total fucking douche. Some of us are blessed with an innate douchy quality - an aura of douchiness, if you will - zzz has it in spades.

He'll neg rep this post, just like he has whenever I've criticized him in the past. I've even had to go to other mods to have them rectify some of the mistreatment I've received from zzz. I don't blame the head mods for making zzz a mod, it was a calculated risk in a time of uncertainty. Additionally, he's on the boards enough to be a reasonable janitor, but, now that stability has been achieved, the drawbacks of his modship overwhelm the benefits.

Seeing as how zzz THRIVES on attention like this, I'll not likely post anymore on this thread.

You could not be more wrong about Mr. Moon. He is actually humble and unassuming in person. The agitator role is just for board schtick.

Back