• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN- Haith to leave Mizzou for Tulsa

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This is really weird. Is something following him?

Haith is a master of getting out at the exact right time.

It's been discussed on the Twitter thread for the last few hours if you want to check it out.

The whole deal is a little bizarre. Miami was probably a year away from firing him (Larranaga, a vastly better coach, didn't get a NCAAT bid out of that team so Haith wouldn't have either, leaving him with 1 bid in 8 seasons). Yet somehow he ends up in a significantly better job. He starts out well there based on the very talented group of seniors left behind by Andersen, but has been fairly mediocre since, especially within the context of the SEC. Through that in with the team having a bunch of legal trouble of late, and it's kind of bizarre that anyone would want him while he's still under contract. Looks like a splash for Tulsa, but Missouri likely ecstatic that they don't have to pay his buyout next year.

His seat is burning hot and Tulsa is offering him over a million a year. The money they rallied to try and keep DM they are now throwing at a high major coach on the verge of being fired.

Last edited:
Tulsa could do better. They should hire Jeff Battle.

Coincidentally, I was talking with a guy pretty connected with the Mizzou AD over the weekend and was asking him about Haith. He said that he hoped Haith would bail or get canned soon, as it is only a matter of time before some dirt is uncovered.

is our boy Tim Fuller still with Haith? I love Tim and he's a great guy (c/o '00 rocks) but wonder why he is sticking with this situation when it seems like Haith is running some shady business?

I'll bet the Tulsa fanbase is scratching their collective head.

Having gone to Mizzou for grad school, I strangely find myself thanking Wellman for making it possible for Haith to move on.

On the flip side, Tulsa has a very good and long track record of hiring very good coaches. Maybe they think they have found a guy who is not nearly as good as Tubby Smith or Bill Self, etc..., but is very unlikely to leave for greener pastures. He's found the ideal landing spot for his abilities/recruiting. Maybe???

Haith is just not a very good coach. He will get turfed after 4 years and either retire or end up back as an assistant.

Gotta hope Tim Fuller isn't going with him. Maybe he will get a look from wherever Mizzou and Tennessee get their next coaches.

Back