• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest ACC MBB Opponents Announced for 2014-2015 and 2015-2016

ACC did a good job balancing everyone's schedule from what I can tell on first glance.

ACC is hard. We need some good players.

From BSD....

In addition to the ACC games, at this point it is known that Wake Forest will host Xavier as part of the Skip Prosser Classic and will play Florida as part of the Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise, Florida.

AIR, Wake is playing in another early season tourney someplace in the islands....not Atlantis. And aren't we back in the ACC-BIGTEN gig ?

We get home and home every year with Duke nowadays? I'm not current on this stuff. And only 1 game a year vs UNC. Lovely.

I thought I remembered wake being penciled into a tournament early season but can't find it anywhere

I thought it was the one that Dave Odom was on the board of. Maui? Maybe that was 2015.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that, too.

And here it is, in 2015.
http://www.mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/1/30/GEN_0130145231.aspx

[FONT=source_sans_proregular]The [/FONT]EA SPORTS[FONT=source_sans_proregular] [/FONT]Maui Invitational[FONT=source_sans_proregular] has announced the Championship Round field for the 2015 Tournament. The loaded field joining [/FONT]Chaminade[FONT=source_sans_proregular] at the Lahaina Civic Center will include [/FONT]Indiana[FONT=source_sans_proregular], [/FONT]Kansas[FONT=source_sans_proregular], [/FONT]St. John's[FONT=source_sans_proregular],[/FONT]UCLA[FONT=source_sans_proregular], [/FONT]UNLV[FONT=source_sans_proregular], [/FONT]Vanderbilt[FONT=source_sans_proregular] and [/FONT]Wake Forest[FONT=source_sans_proregular]. The Championship Round will be held Nov. 23, 24 and 25, 2015 on the beautiful island of Maui.

[/FONT]

So is it safe to say we're going to be matched up with Northwestern in the ACC/B10 challenge? Per ESPN's standings we both finished 11th in our conference this year...

Also - do we know how the home/away teams are determined for the matchups?

Fingers crossed that the Deacs come up to Chicago next year...

They don't it by standings. They do it by TV interest. Northwestern is a possibility though.

At first glance, I've got us at 8-10 in conference next season.

"Eyeball Test"

Northwestern would make a lot of sense. Don't believe we've played them before either.

At least part of us playing them would be down to them improving versus our fall off a cliff

At first glance, I've got us at 8-10 in conference next season.

"Eyeball Test"

Yeah, I had 7-11 with our current roster. If he makes a nice addition or 2 (like a 2G or a big), then I might could bump that up to 9-10 wins. Most of the conference with the exception of Syracuse should be as good or better next year than they were this year, and we add Luavul.

Back