• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is the Board protecting Clawson

Keep in mind you're judging them based on what they did under an ineffective prior staff. Clawson has done everything we could ask for so far. It's not too much to believe that he could make some major breakthroughs this Spring and Fall before stepping on the field.

I appreciate the positivity, but there is a bit of a dynamic that ends up setting up Clawson for failure in this post. I think there is a way to objectively judge the talent in your program irrespective of the staff coaching it. Bad staffs certainly get the least out of their talent, and good staffs maximize what they have. But the talent in the program actually matters. And right now, we don't have a lot of it at key positions. Bringing in highly ranked recruits is great, but football is a sport where recruiting is best judged 2-3 years later- its not like basketball where a couple of talented freshman can come in and really impact an otherwise pedestrian team.

I'd bet we will end up with a better offensive line this year than last, just based on coaching and a workable scheme. We should be able to upgrade our WRs overall (group vs. just Campanero) for the same reasons, although who knows how much we will notice it given the gaping hole we have at QB. RBs will most likely suck, although that is the position where it is easiest to have a true freshman contribute.

On D, our secondary should be good, our linebackers average, and our DL should be pretty horrible, especially should any of the guys get nicked up.

I think there are ways to judge a coach outside of wins and losses for his first few years. If Coach Clawson can both put a team on the field that plays hard, competitive, relatively mistake-free football that shows a coherent offensive system and also recruits at a level above Grobe, I will be very satisfied with this year. If we go 0-8 in conference, get run off the field more often than not, and look like a fucking train wreck on O (otherwise known as the NCSU approach), then I will be much more concerned.

We don't have a bowl team this year. So I really don't care about the difference between 3-9 and 4-8.

The prophet socaldeac says DEAC hoops will finish top 4 in ACC. Haters will claim down ACC. buzz will get extension.

Wellman should close the deal by being a butler at Grayland

The SHAKA dinner would include:

CP3
M Angeoulu
Duncan
Clawson (Richmond ties)
Arnold Palmer
Buddie

CLOSE the deal!

my favorite poster

When is the spring game? Has it already happened? So many other teams have already had theirs.

When is the spring game? Has it already happened? So many other teams have already had theirs.

I'll add it to the thread title. Clawson wanted to stretch out the Spring period as much as possible which I think was a great call.

Will the game be streamed and/or archived?

It seems the Board is protecting Clawson by creating a scenario that the team is not good; therefore 7 losses is Ok. My position is the coaching has been very bad for years, and we have won 5 games. I think the talent has not changed. We now have a better defense and more suspect offense. But the players are about the same. THE CLAW should win 6 games. The ACC is down, and we play a lot of bad teams.

I'm CLAW in but we should not give him a free pass.

He can definitely talk the talk, now it is time to WALK THE WALK

I'm waiting to hear what ol' 'lectro tells me IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Lead paint, gasoline fumes, drinking while pregnant.

This is what happens, ogboards.

Back