• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is the Board protecting Clawson

socaldeac

Reaction score
It seems the Board is protecting Clawson by creating a scenario that the team is not good; therefore 7 losses is Ok. My position is the coaching has been very bad for years, and we have won 5 games. I think the talent has not changed. We now have a better defense and more suspect offense. But the players are about the same. THE CLAW should win 6 games. The ACC is down, and we play a lot of bad teams.

I'm CLAW in but we should not give him a free pass.

He can definitely talk the talk, now it is time to WALK THE WALK

It seems the Board is protecting Clawson by creating a scenario that the team is not good; therefore 7 losses is Ok. My position is the coaching has been very bad for years, and we have won 5 games. I think the talent has not changed. We now have a better defense and more suspect offense. But the players are about the same. THE CLAW should win 6 games. The ACC is down, and we play a lot of bad teams.

♥♥

Reactions: Ayo
My ONLY criticism of the OP is that it's April and it may be hard to walk the walk now, or for four months for that matter. But yeah other than that, great thread.

Yeah, the talent is not BCS caliber. And what is, will likely be true freshman

You think the talent hasn't changed? Can you name the remaining starters from last season? We're starting a QB with no experience, probably starting a converted (double converted) wideout to RB, our LBs are different, our D line is completely different, our o-line is completely different. The only "talent" similarities between our 5 win team and the upcoming team are a few backup receivers and Bud Noel.

You think the talent hasn't changed? Can you name the remaining starters from last season? We're starting a QB with no experience, probably starting a converted (double converted) wideout to RB, our LBs are different, our D line is completely different, our o-line is completely different. The only "talent" similarities between our 5 win team and the upcoming team are a few backup receivers and Bud Noel.

Oh yeah and we just lost one of the most talented WRs in WFU history. NBD though, it's mostly the same team.

Losing Camp and Nikita and having no QB with experience is pretty much losing our team. Our secondary, Chubb and possibly Tyree are the only bright spots.

Jesus. This is a new level of stupid.

Go run headfirst into a brick wall, socal. You don't deserve consciousness.

We've probably never had two undefeated HCs at the same time for our top programs. Let's enjoy both honeymoons the bitching and moaning will ensue in due course.

Skip and Grobe were "undefeated" at the same time as well.

We are not good and even Urban Meyer or Nick Saban couldn't get 5 wins from the team we have now

How about Knute Rockne? Could he win 5 games with this team?

There is a lot of room for improvement in this program and I expect Clawson to keep making it.

Playing on the road at the defending national champions FSU, at the defending Coastal Division Champions in Durham, at Raleigh (where we've won once since 1980 something), at Louisville (coming off a 12 win season) and going on the road to Louisiana and Utah is a huge challenge for a team learning a completely new system, breaking in a new staff and breaking in a new quarterback.

We're going to lose a lot this year.

Good point on Skip and Grobe. Seems like they both inherited better teams to begin their tenures.

Duh! Grobe did like Tacy- got out before a real disaster hit. The cupboard is bare at QB, RB, DL, and almost bare at WR.

Back