• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The New AD at WFU...

i thenk its good when wake wins caus then theres moar money for giving chances

Wellman won't be the AD in 3 years, I don't think. He is ready to ride off into the sunset.

R0fXhLr.jpg

nice job VT hey please pm me i have a special request base on actually seeing [name redacted] at the grocery store at beach last week

when hired needs to clean house. When RW was hired, he pledged that all sports would compete for NCAA championships. It seems that we are near the bottom of the ACC in most of our non-revenue sports. Not to pick on any one sport, but I saw in the Durham paper today where the first, second, and third All-ACC teams in women's tennis is devoid of any WF player. It wasn't long ago that we were pretty good at women's tennis. RW is no longer inclined to keep his promise(because, I assume he will take a job with the NCAA after next year's basketball season), so should the new AD clean house or keep the status quo since they are non-revenue sports?

I agree 100% with the premise of this post but let me correct you regarding women's tennis.

When Coach Wyshner inherited the program it was a joke. Low on scholarships, players transferred/graduated early, talent was down, etc. He has pieced together 3 top 25 recruiting seasons and 1 top 10 in the last 3 years. Every player in the starting lineup is an underclassmen, with most being freshmen and sophomores. That program is going places. Same for the men with Bresky.

I am worried about: men's and women's golf, field hockey, xc/track, volleyball, baseball and women's basketball as far as the trajectories they are on and the coaches in charge

A bit disappointed in both soccer programs but we have the right men leading them

I'm curious to see if anybody disagrees with you that you're worried about 10 of 16 sports. You're only confident about the coaches in four sports (soccers and tennises) and of course the football and men's basketball coaches haven't even coached a game yet.

Volleyball has a brand new coach that has shown improvement. Women's basketball is on the way up too.

Hoover is recruiting like a madwomen. Not worried about Women's Hoops.

Back