• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart

This x1000. I'll take a "cheating" coach over an abusive one because I think the players should be getting paid in the first place.

I recommend reading Coach Cal's thoughts on the NCAA. Sure, it's a little self-serving because it's Cal, but it doesn't mean that he's wrong. He makes the best argument and even though I'm old school UK hatin' I totally agree with him on his views of the NCAA.

I know Shaka loves his press, but its bad coaching to keep it up against so many ball handlers on Michigan.

They aren't big enough to play a traditional defense and they want to force tempo.

They aren't big enough to play a traditional defense and they want to force tempo.

Yeah, it's his go to, but this really is a bad match up for VCU. Pressing the best PG in the country is not going to work, especially when they have 3 guys on the court at all times that can bring it up. Shaka just hoping Michigan tires out.

Also, VCU leads the country in TO margin, while Michigan averages the fewest TO's.

Last edited:
2nd time VCU's big man has left his guard out to dry on a pick. I would be so pissed.

Can't tell if this is a terrible matchup for VCU or if Beilein is working Smart (or both).

Uh oh. Shaka in some unfamiliar territory here. Michigan playing the best they've played all season and looking like a championship caliber team.

VCU is taking terrible shots. Seems like every time down one guy is just dribbling around then pulling up for a tough jumper.

This game might be the one to make Shaka jump to a better program. He can whip his players into shape and run and press and win a lot of games but eventually his teams of 3 star players will run into a better, more talented team in the tournament. VCU's ability and talent level is being exposed today. They need a couple of athletic guards/wings that can finish at the rim.

If Shaka is going anywhere, it's Hollywood. The outcome of this game has no bearing on Wake.

Back