• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart

15, I agree. As tough as it is to make a run, you have to get there often. I don't think Buzz will get s there with any regularity, so it would be quite improbable indeed that we would ever make a run.

Prior to exceeding our 2010 seed (#9 beating #8 Texas), I think 1993 the last time we exceeded expectations in the tournament. Sweet 16 as a #5 seed by beating #4 Iowa. Kentucky throttled us then too.

The last time we truly exceeded postseason expectations and ended the season on a positive note was 30 tournaments ago in 1984 when we Retired Meyer and played Akeem and Houston tough in the Elite 8.

If Shaka turns down UCLA, he is either waiting for Duke/UNC or he is going to try to build a powerhouse at VCU. There is no way in hell he will come to Wake. Not only that, he doesn't fit in with Wake's "culture."

He can't get the players at VCU to become a powerhouse. It just isn't happening. I think Saturday was a big reality check for Shaka and how far you can really go with 3 star players. I don't see him staying at VCU much longer if at all.

Why would Shaka need to wait for UNC? He can go to UCLA and then go to UNC.

PTI is running the same story. I'm a little shocked but was told look out for this.

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 5m
Shaka Smart has made it clear that he loves VCU and his family loves the area. It will take an extraordinary situation to extract him.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS
Nothing is done either way right now in regards to VCU's Shaka Smart. My gut says he's stays with Rams, but nothing decided either way.

The Shaka thread is now worthless. Every single thread on here should be discussing ways to make Ron Wellman hate his life. Nothing more and nothing less. I love Shaka, but it's completely worthless and frankly makes me more angry to see his name on here as I know he's going to be winning titles for some other school one day.

Chad Groth ‏@areacodes
A close source said Shaka Smart is in Minneapolis, my hometown & I love it! 3.3 & 7 Guaranteed 21+million

Guess this is the tweet/situation that spurred the previous tweets exclaiming that Shaka loves VCU and wants to stay.

Chad Groth ‏@areacodes
A close source said Shaka Smart is in Minneapolis, my hometown & I love it! 3.3 & 7 Guaranteed 21+million

Guess this is the tweet/situation that spurred the previous tweets exclaiming that Shaka loves VCU and wants to stay.

Dang, that's a $2.3 million a year raise from his current salary. Would be hard to turn that down.

Back