• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart

Shaka is patiently waiting for a bigger program than Wake. Not sure who that may be.

in other words.. the A10 has limited expansion options and 2 to the 3 years down the road and VCU/Shaka may be stuck in a suspect league.. Hmm...!!??

They'll be stuck in a suspect league in13-14.

Offer him the Mag Quad tomorrow. What harm is there?

Shaka is patiently waiting for a bigger program than Wake. Not sure who that may be.

I had a nightmare recently that Roy Williams and K both retired the same year. They were replaced by Shaka and Brad Stevens, respectively. It was the basketball apocalypse. I woke up in a cold sweat.

What big job is going to be open in the next 2 years though? UCLA? I doubt he would want to wallow in a terrible league for too long.

I had a nightmare recently that Roy Williams and K both retired the same year. They were replaced by Shaka and Brad Stevens, respectively. It was the basketball apocalypse. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I fully expect Stevens to end up at Duke. Shaka to UNC may simply depend on whether UNC is ready to take it "outside the family." If he's still at VCU when UNC opens, look out.

Why 2-3 years? These changes are in effect less than a calendar year from now.

because Bz is said to be back next year and has Mitchell (i don't think the coach matters with him) coming in for 14-15.. college coaches recruit at least 2-3 years in advance and Shaka may have good teams until those recruits run dry because of a potentially weak A10. right now Shaka has a competitive team and with the way things are looking should have good players going ahead for 2-3 years as well... that was the thought process. i should've added that in the post.

Country wrote: "What I don't plan to do is peddle the future of Wake Forest. I'll do that for two seasons, but not three. That is, however, what Wellman and [Redacted] will almost certainly do if what I'm hearing turns out to be true."

My friend you just hit the ball out of the park with the bases loaded. I and many others appreciate your candidness and honesty given the current situation. Thanks!!!

because Bz is said to be back next year and has Mitchell (i don't think the coach matters with him) coming in for 14-15.. college coaches recruit at least 2-3 years in advance and Shaka may have good teams until those recruits run dry because of a potentially shaky A10. right now Shaka has a competitive team and with the way things are looking should have good players going ahead for 2-3 years as well... that was the thought process. i should've added that in the post.

Bz is said to be back by some. He is also said to be gone by others.

Why? Who do you think their sources are?

have no clue. but generally media professionals tend to get things right before they report it. with that said, they can get things wrong, or things may change.

Back