• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

I only boycott companies who have screwed me in the past-- Nationwide and Trane HVAC-- never buy a Trane, overpriced and they will not back up anything they make!!!

Ben and Jerry's ice cream and K&W cafeteria.

Ben and Jerry's because of their support of cop killer Mumia and K&W because they were the main support in opposition of the stadium tax that kept the Twins out of Kernersville.

Oh God, I had forgotten about the incredible genius of the Twins proposed move to Kernersville.

I'm boycotting Smithfield Chicken & BBQ b/c of that stupid "juicy bird" radio commercial. Just imagining that guy's face as he says "juicy bird" makes you want to beat his ass.

I boycotted Wendy's during the period that they had that obnoxious redheaded broad in their commercials. Again, not a hard decision because Wendy's is gross. Mostly it meant I just stopped getting Frostys.

I was kinda into that chick. Made me want a Double Bacon Cheeseburger, if you know what I mean.

Spendy's is like a gateway restaurant to olive garden. Only buckets and Trust Fund Townie can risk that outside of special occasions.

I don't usually keep a list of things I boycott. I think of them more as I come to them. What comes to mind now....

I've boycotted circuses for a long time, and welcome the news that Ringling Bros is closing shop.
Exxon for racial discrimination practices. They lost a class action lawsuit many years ago, and I've found it easy to avoid their gas.
UNC, Duke basketball. Giving them TV ratings perpetuates their undue influence in the league and officials.

I used to boycott Ruby Tuesdays because they welched on a discount card I bought there. They abruptly stopped honoring the card before the program ended.

Last edited:
I don't eat Mike and Ike's because I won't further enrich Mike Krzyzewski

I boycott the new Student Stores Bookshop and Coffeeshop on campus after it was sold out to corporate overlords Barnes & Noble and killed the social scene and friendly feeling of the pit, kicking out the locally owned coffeeshop in the process and bringing in some fake ass Starbucks shit. Fuck those guys in admin who did that. Fucking snakes.

http://babylonbee.com/news/bottle-of-welchs-grape-juice-discovered-near-site-of-last-supper/

Bottle Of Welch’s Grape Juice Discovered Near Site Of Last Supper
March 9, 2018

JERUSALEM, ISRAEL—A team of Baptist archaeologists just announced they have discovered a bottle of Welch’s grape juice near the site of the Last Supper, where Jesus and His disciples famously celebrated Passover in the Upper Room.

The 2,000-year-old, discarded bottle of 100% grape juice appears to have been used in lieu of wine at the traditional Jewish meal. The find finally lends biblical and historical support for the practice of using grape juice instead of wine at Communion, as many denominations have done for years. While many had assumed the Rabbi and His followers drank regular wine during the festivities, this theory is now all but disproved by this exciting find.

“We’ve long suspected that Jesus and His disciples didn’t use wine at the Last Supper,” an excited Pastor John MacArthur said of the discovery. “Now, we can say with some confidence that they drank the sweet, sugary, and non-alcoholic version of the fruit of the vine rather than anything that had been allowed to ferment in the slightest.”

While a small amount of the grape juice was left in the bottom of the bottle, it was quickly discarded as it had been discovered to have fermented, turning the remainder of the juice into “the devil’s drink.”

At publishing time, scholars had confirmed the discovery of a stack of tiny plastic cups and bits of saltine crackers in the same vicinity, along with golden plates used to pass them out to the disciples by a team of ushers.

I boycott the new Student Stores Bookshop and Coffeeshop on campus after it was sold out to corporate overlords Barnes & Noble and killed the social scene and friendly feeling of the pit, kicking out the locally owned coffeeshop in the process and bringing in some fake ass Starbucks shit. Fuck those guys in admin who did that. Fucking snakes.

PREACH.

pretty nice be-dropleted titays, doe

whoa I never noticed that

why would anybody put the top half of a chest (laying in a pool? I guess?) on a book cover in a way that doesn't even accentuate the cleavage

what a strange choice

AT&T. I’ve boycotted them for about 25 years since they screwed me over on a long-distance calling plan.

But I’m starting to think that maybe I’ve punished them enough. Getting tired of the new TWC (Spectrum).

Might have to check out the AT&T bundles.

whoa I never noticed that

why would anybody put the top half of a chest (laying in a pool? I guess?) on a book cover in a way that doesn't even accentuate the cleavage

what a strange choice

Weird, I've only noticed those, and I'm now seeing the fucking collection of hanging nooses (?). What's up with that?

I boycotted Maurices's BBQ which is a big local bbq joint in Columbia. He was a nasty racist who flew the confederate flag over the American Flag at his restaurants.
among other things. When he died, I got in my car and drove straight there and got me a big plate full. My wife still refuses to eat there to this day.

Back