• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

AT&T. I’ve boycotted them for about 25 years since they screwed me over on a long-distance calling plan.

But I’m starting to think that maybe I’ve punished them enough. Getting tired of the new TWC (Spectrum).

Might have to check out the AT&T bundles.

We only use ATT for internet but it’s sooooo much better than Spectrum. When we have had issues (twice in two years), they’ve had service people out the day of and said service people have given us their personal numbers if there are any other issues. They also haven’t changed our rates one cent.

I was very pissed at U-Haul once for screwing me on a day I had reserved a truck and when I showed up they didn't have anything for me; I called up Penske and they were able to bail me out. So I was a major supporter of Penske until a couple moves later they did the same thing to me; I called up U-Haul and they bailed me out. I decided its just the nature of that business that they can't keep track of their fleet for shit more than a day or two out.

the entire moving industry is built on the premise that people use them so rarely that customer service isn't that big a deal since there are few repeat customers.

The last local moving company I used came highly recommended and was supposed to arrive at 9:30 AM on a Saturday. They did not arrive until 9:30 PM - I kid you not.

the entire moving industry is built on the premise that people use them so rarely that customer service isn't that big a deal since there are few repeat customers.

This makes sense and all the moving experiences I've had have been somewhere on the spectrum of Stressful/Tiring <------------------------> Worst Experience of my Life

None of them have ever been aided by a good customer service experience with either a truck company or a moving company

That’s a great observation. Also much of the time, the customer isn’t personally footing the bill out of their own pocket so they can’t really complain too much.

That’s a great observation. Also much of the time, the customer isn’t personally footing the bill out of their own pocket so they can’t really complain too much.

Wait, most people don't pay for their moves? How do I get in on that action?

He's defs talking about companies covering employee relocation expenses, but I think that's way less common that he realizes

Obama paid for my last move. what's wrong with you people.

He's defs talking about companies covering employee relocation expenses, but I think that's way less common that he realizes

As in, it almost doesn't exist unless you're military or a C-level exec.

My worst move was a company paid move. It was great it was paid for, but it was the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

or the ph classic of not acknowledging a terrible take

I'll choose A. Any offers I've gotten from #publicschoolfilth have included moving expenses and offers I'm familiar with have gotten them as well. Same with friends in the private sector. Why would anybody move to take a job they can't afford to move to?

I'll choose A. Any offers I've gotten from #publicschoolfilth have included moving expenses and offers I'm familiar with have gotten them as well. Same with friends in the private sector. Why would anybody move to take a job they can't afford to move to?

That's a pretty dramatic departure from the argument you initially made, but okay.

Because the job offers them a significantly higher salary and future compensation?

That's a pretty dramatic departure from the argument you initially made, but okay.

Yeah because that's what you all are saying.

I was agreeing that companies could screw over customers because moves were infrequent and added that much of the time (not most but a significant part of the time) customers aren't directly footing the bill.

Back