• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

lol at bbd girlcotts tag

Please out yourself for rep.

Last week, I had Chick-fil-a for the first time since the "controversy". Good, but not as good as I remembered. I can continue to go without.

Not so much of a boycott, but whenever I have enough information to actually make a decision (labeling isn't great on most products), I avoid anything that isn't free-range/free-trade/child labor free/hippie approved.

Same here, not so much of an active boycott as being serious about an ethical supply chain to the best of my ability.

Welch's was founded by Thomas Bramwell Welch and sold to a grape co-op in the 1950s.

But you know what, fuck it. I'm all in on the Welch's boycott.
Chloe-Moretz-confused-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-177.gif

I "boycotted" the Boy Scouts of America a couple years back, sending back my Eagle Scout award (there was at least one thread about scouts sending back badges).

Since then, not really. I make active choices about the products I'm buying and try to be as socially conscious as I can reasonably afford to be. That's about as far as I go, though.

The thread about the BSA and badges was a clusterfuck, but here was my post about it then - http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...turning-Awards?p=806254&viewfull=1#post806254

I should add that they have since mailed me back my badge with a form letter attached about how much it meant to hear from members, and a link to their press release about their change in policy. Some boycotts/movements do matter, no matter how small.

The thread about the BSA and badges was a clusterfuck, but here was my post about it then - http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...turning-Awards?p=806254&viewfull=1#post806254

I should add that they have since mailed me back my badge with a form letter attached about how much it meant to hear from members, and a link to their press release about their change in policy. Some boycotts/movements do matter, no matter how small.

Still don't allow gay scout masters. Send that shit back again.

I don't eat veal. Does that count?

I "boycott" veal to appease my wife.

Maurice's in SC is the only place I have intentionally boycotted. Not much of a sacrifice since their barbecue was just meh anyway. Some disgusting hateful propaganda in his restaurant the first and last time I went there...about 10 years ago. Think he died in the last year.

Pat's over Geno's, mostly because it's a way better cheesesteak, and less because the owner is an admitted xenophobic racist.

I have a long-standing (since the late 90's) boycott of Fox N' Hound in Thruway due to poor service and general sketchiness.
After 15+ years, it finally paid off when Fox N' Hound shut down this year.

I am currently boycotting Delta/AirFrance/KLM. They're all a bunch of dickbags.

all else equal i try to avoid banks/companies who took bailout money. but i really dont care that much.

Last edited:
I had a cheesesteak in the Italian Market (Lorenzo's?) and I had to laugh because they have taken a clear shot at Pat's having their 'please and order and pay at the counter' signs in 20+ languages.

You mean clear shot at Geno's?

Back