• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

Why Papa John's?

031614_Ron_Wellman_640x360.jpg

WalMart
Papa John's
BP
Nike

For the record, I don't really boycott anything. I'm way to pragmatic and can't think of any company that does something so reprehensible that I can't patronize them. I suppose there are a few places that have personally pissed me off and generally avoid, but I wouldn't say I boycott anyone.
With that said, to what extent do yo boycott Papa Johns/Wal-Mark/Nike/BP.
Suppose someone invited you to watch a game and bought some pizza and it was Papa Johns....would you be rude and not eat it or would you eat it because you didn't buy it? What if you needed some gas and BP was the only gas station around? What if you needed anything and Walmart was right across the street, but you'd have to drive across town to get it elsewhere? I guess my question to you is "To what extent would you inconvenience yourself to uphold your boycott?"

i would probably not buy from hobby lobby. not that I am likely to need anything from there as my only hobbies are drinking alcohol and snow skiing, not in that order.

Reactions: BDL
ditto. that's the only thing I can really think of, where I make a conscious decision to avoid it based on moral reasons.

Jesus, the fucking calves wouldn't have even been born if not for their tasty deliciousness. It's not like they're taking wild calves, removing them from their home, and torturing them. Have you seen how chickens are raised? Do you not eat chicken? I'd take solitary any time over the overcrowding at chicken ranches personally. I've probably spent $500 on veal Sorrentina at Paul's in my life. I'll probably spend a thousand more, it's my favorite meal in the world.

Jesus, the fucking calves wouldn't have even been born if not for their tasty deliciousness. It's not like they're taking wild calves, removing them from their home, and torturing them. Have you seen how chickens are raised? Do you not eat chicken? I'd take solitary any time over the overcrowding at chicken ranches personally. I've probably spent $500 on veal Sorrentina at Paul's in my life. I'll probably spend a thousand more, it's my favorite meal in the world.

How could you spend that much on a meal?

It's just food.

You hairy ogres disgust me.

I have a long-standing (since the late 90's) boycott of Fox N' Hound in Thruway due to poor service and general sketchiness.
After 15+ years, it finally paid off when Fox N' Hound shut down this year.

You were at my 21st in 2002. So, not quite the late 90s.

AAA, their anti environmental lobbying bothered me enough to look elsewhere for roadside service(USAA). There are probably plenty of other companies with lobby activities I am uncomfortable with but ignorance is bliss.

Yes, I've seen how chickens are raised and I try to buy chicken and other meat/eggs as responsibly as possible.
I'm really happy for your decision to enjoy a delicious meal. You do you, amigo.

i strictly boycott cfa, walmart, and the papa. it isn't hard. i also generally buy organic and local. granted when i get mission tacos i doubt theyre sourcing my usual level of organic hippyness but oh whale.

tha fuq you all boycotting good ole Wal-Mart for? Where's your deac pride?

i strictly boycott cfa, walmart, and the papa. it isn't hard. i also generally buy organic and local. granted when i get mission tacos i doubt theyre sourcing my usual level of organic hippyness but oh whale.

Does it count if I only get it on nats50 at that price I'm practically stealing from him.

enjoy your hipster circle jerk

AARP…Or I will when I turn 50. I hate AARP.

Back