• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

Biscuittville - I went to the Leadership Series at Lenoir Rhyne University a few times and the CEO from Biscuittville spoke during one one series. He was very proud of his "family business." He was also very clear on not allowing employees to qualify for health insurance unless they are managers or assistant managers. You could work in a restaurant for 10 years and not be eligible for these benefits.

Biscuittville - I went to the Leadership Series at Lenoir Rhyne University a few times and the CEO from Biscuittville spoke during one one series. He was very proud of his "family business." He was also very clear on not allowing employees to qualify for health insurance unless they are managers or assistant managers. You could work in a restaurant for 10 years and not be eligible for these benefits.

Is that really different than other restaurants/retail?

Pretty sure the Biscuitville CEO's daughter just graduated from WFU and was an athlete FWIW

I don't like going to wal-mart because its a terrible experience. I don't eat fast food very often but like chicken filet so I go there every couple months. I went to BPs exclusively for awhile to make up for the fuckheads who thought they were somehow hurting BP and not the poor small biz owners making 1 percent on gas and praying you spent a buck on a snickers bar.

Bville could hire Justin Maynard from AirSign Inc. to fly a banner promoting Westboro Baptist Church and I wouldn't give them up.

I don't like going to wal-mart because its a terrible experience. I don't eat fast food very often but like chicken filet so I go there every couple months. I went to BPs exclusively for awhile to make up for the fuckheads who thought they were somehow hurting BP and not the poor small biz owners making 1 percent on gas and praying you spent a buck on a snickers bar.

Mobile Poes. This is how I am as well.

The pimento cheese and bacon biscuit at bville is so monte

I have only had it once and was a little unimpressed. Not sure why because it seems like it would be amazing. It just didn't quite hit it for me. The southern eggs benedict is that jam doe. Has to be 1000 calories by itself.

Pretty sure the Biscuitville CEO's daughter just graduated from WFU and was an athlete FWIW

Assuming that the Biscuitville owner is the CEO, then his son also graduated from Wake a couple of years ago.

The pimento cheese and bacon biscuit at bville is so monte

I have only had it once and was a little unimpressed. Not sure why because it seems like it would be amazing. It just didn't quite hit it for me. The southern eggs benedict is that jam doe. Has to be 1000 calories by itself.

Yeah I was also unimpressed, they don't use a good pimento cheese brand imo, and the one I got had really cold pimento cheese which just didn't go that well with hot biscuit + bacon.

I have a biscuitville story involving a 90+ year old man that I'm too lazy to tell.

Circa 1989 so that old mo fo be dead.

Deacdiggler makes an early appearance in this minor masterpiece

(Awake with worried tornado hype)

Veal. When I make osso bucco, I use beef shanks and red wine instead of veal shanks and white wine. Still tastes great.

BP

Chickfila. But it's not much of a boycott because I don't do traditional fast food anyway. Haven't been to a McDs/BK type place in 20-30 years.

Dominos

Used to boycott Coors back in the day because of the aptly named Adolph, but the younger generation isn't bad. Still don't drink any Coors products on 2nd thought but that's because the product sucks. Have had a few Blue Moons over the years.

What is the Men's Warehouse stuff about? Don't remember reading anything about them and Trayvon. Didn't Banks just buy them out?

Veal. When I make osso bucco, I use beef shanks and red wine instead of veal shanks and white wine. Still tastes great.

BP

Chickfila. But it's not much of a boycott because I don't do traditional fast food anyway. Haven't been to a McDs/BK type place in 20-30 years.

Dominos

Used to boycott Coors back in the day because of the aptly named Adolph, but the younger generation isn't bad. Still don't drink any Coors products on 2nd thought but that's because the product sucks. Have had a few Blue Moons over the years.

What is the Men's Warehouse stuff about? Don't remember reading anything about them and Trayvon. Didn't Banks just buy them out?
Meh

Back